Helio: Director for Mobile Browsing, Los Angeles, CA
Director for Mobile Browsing
HELIO is a new mobile brand dedicated to giving young, passionate consumers the type of wireless experience we’ve been waiting for. HELIO launches in the spring of 2006 with mind-blowing devices and services and uncompromising, straightforward pricing and customer care.
HELIO combines a fast-paced, start-up environment with the significant financial backing of two multi-billion dollar companies, one a leader in 3G wireless technology, and the other an expert at focusing on the consumer.
At HELIO, we’re building our company around the individual, and our mission is to make things work easily for our customers with straight talk and total expertise from a team of nice people.
That’s where you come in. HELIO is looking for an industry expert to help lead our Email Content Services
The position of Senior Manager / Director for Mobile Browsing will be primarily concerned with helping to Helio’s Browsing, WAP, Menu Management, and News & Information programming efforts.
This position will supervise potential direct reports, and will report in to the Senior Director of Content Services.
Position Duties / Responsibilities:
– Drive Helio’s mission-critical browsing/WAP strategy and product management efforts
– Produce and drive Product Requirement to aggressively push Helio’s market leadership in wireless browsing, and all related News & Information products.
– Identify and Select appropriate content and infrastructure partners to ensure solution delivery
– Oversee the Helio content teams WAP menu structure and basic User Experience requirements
– Provide Senior Executive briefings on sessions on WAP, Browsing, News & Info. services.
Key Experience / Education Requirements:
– 3-6 Years of experience as a market leader in developing and managing wireless browsing solutions
– Previous experience Product Managing wireless or web email solutions…perhaps with a wireless carrier (eg, Cingular, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc..) or a mobile browser solution vendor (eg, Opera, Openwave, Novarra, etc )
– Solid working experience with mobile browser protocols (WML 1.0/1.1, WAP 2.0 xHTML, WCSS/MP, HTML)
– Working knowledge of general RSS and XML feed capabilities/requirements.
– Experience working with leading News & Information providers who’ve built and delivered WAP offerings for the mobile market including thoses who’ve delivered entertainment, news, sports, movie information, shopping, etc
– Solid understanding of various data gateways and communication protocals
– Familiarity with wireless application development (eg., WIPI, BREW, J2ME, Symbian) and basic client/server environments.
– Outstanding negotiation and collaboration skills and able to work across organizational/partner boundaries to gain consensus
– Executive presence and leadership skills
– Outstanding project management skills and able to handle multiple projects with aggressive time lines.
– Comfortable working in rapid growth and culturally diverse environments
– Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Human Interface, Applied Design or Computer Science
– Graduate degree a plus
Interested applicants should send your resume, indicating the title of position and salary requirements, to Kevin Finnegan at: email@example.com
HELIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
listing jobs Helio Los Angeles California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.