Staff Software Engineer
As a Staff Software Engineer in the wireless development team you will be building wireless platform applications for The Walt Disney Company’s properties, including Disney, ESPN, ABCNEWS, and others. Areas of responsibility include building wireless publishing systems and tools, building messaging systems and integrating these with data services, providing webservices and XML feed development. Reporting to the Engineering Manager for Wireless Development, you will be responsible for implementing new systems, features, and enhancements as well as maintaining existing products and services. You will also be responsible for QA and for interfacing with partners to release applications to carriers.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in field;
* 6-8 years of software design and implementation.
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Ability to work closely with customers and succinctly elicit their requirements.
* Ability to synthesize robust and cost-effective technical solutions to customer requirements
* Ability to perform effectively and make decisions with minimal management oversight
* Ability to deliver on time according to requirements and business needs.
* Ability and desire to effectively mentor more junior engineers and contribute to a collaborative team environment
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
* Strong C/C++ and Java expertise with a proven ability to write robust commercial applications.
* Experience building applications with a strong emphasis on performance, code size, and run-time memory usage.
* Strong understanding of and development experience with mobile technologies
To apply, please send your resume with salary requirements, indicating position of interest, to:
listing jobs Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.