Glu Mobile: Senior Designer, San Mateo, CA
Glu Mobile is a leading developer and global publisher of mobile entertainment. Glu publishes original titles and entertainment based on major brands including Atari, Cartoon Network, FOX Sports, Nickelodeon, PopCap Games and Twentieth Century Fox. The company has more than 100 entertainment applications including games, ringtones, screens and applications available via 90 carriers worldwide. Glu also offers a complete mobile gaming sourcing, management and delivery solution, ProvisionX. Based in San Mateo, California with offices in London and Singapore, Glu is funded by top venture firms NEA, BA Venture Partners, Granite Global Ventures, Sienna Ventures and Globespan Capital Partners, as well as by Time Warner Investments. Consumers can find fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the ‘g’ character logo or at www.glu.com.
Life at the cutting edge of wireless technology is an exciting but demanding place to be. Our company is always on the look out for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We reward talent, creativity and ability to get the job done. If you are interested in mobile technology and want to be part of a team that makes the future of wireless technology happen, we’re for you.
Responsible for creating the design of all aspects of game development including the overall design, tools, systems, and individual level designs.
• To independently fulfill the Lead Designer role on one or more mobile games at a time
• Development of design documentation for mechanics, systems, and mission summaries
• Development of design documentation for applicable level tools
• Creation and scripting of mission designs
• Bring new ideas to the table in regards to every facet of the game; mechanics, story, missions, and more
• Peer reviews of other designs and games
• Suggestion of new game designs and ideas
• Promote games to any internal or external consumers
• Benchmarking and competition research
• Creative / Imaginative
• Knowledge and passion for a wide variety of games and their design
• Thorough understanding of video games and their commercial appeal to the general public
• Able to write and drive overall design as well as individual level designs
• Able to design within existing game design
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Works well in a team environment
• Able to help drive direction as well as execute on a given direction
• Required to meet deadlines
• Demonstrate awareness and understanding of production issues relating to the title in development
• Rudimentary drawing skills used to communicate ideas
• Working knowledge of 2D software package such as Photoshop
• Experience with design software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Maya, etc.)
• Strong math and research skills are a plus
• Ability to quickly master proprietary tools and development processes
• Basic familiarity with coding
Additional Skills and Qualifications Desired:
• Experience designing mobile games
• Familiarity with Brew, C++ and J2ME
• Knowledge of wireless devices
To apply for this position, please include in the job title in the subject of your email, a cover letter and your minimum salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to each applicant. We will contact you if there is a match. No phone calls, please. Principals only.
listing jobs Glu Mobile 94404 San Mateo California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.