Glu Mobile is a leading developer and global publisher of mobile entertainment. Glu publishes original titles and entertainment based on major brands including Atari, Cartoon Network, FOX Sports, Nickelodeon, PopCap Games and Twentieth Century Fox. The company has more than 100 entertainment applications including games, ringtones, screens and applications available via 90 carriers worldwide. Glu also offers a complete mobile gaming sourcing, management and delivery solution, ProvisionX. Based in San Mateo, California with offices in London and Singapore, Glu is funded by top venture firms NEA, BA Venture Partners, Granite Global Ventures, Sienna Ventures and Globespan Capital Partners, as well as by Time Warner Investments. Consumers can find fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the ‘g’ character logo or at www.glu.com.
Life at the cutting edge of wireless technology is an exciting but demanding place to be. Our company is always on the look out for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We reward talent, creativity and ability to get the job done. If you are interested in mobile technology and want to be part of a team that makes the future of wireless technology happen, we’re for you.
Software Engineer – (Leads)
• Develop cutting edge games and applications for J2ME and BREW from concept to completion
• Write clear technical design and specification documents
• Communicate well with designers, producers, artists, QA, and engineers.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to respond well under pressure.
• Must possess strong game programming skills.
• Expertise in C/C++ and/or Java.
• Have Developed Games for J2ME/BREW
• 3+ years experience working on mobile, pc, or console titles.
• Experience with the complete life cycle of software development
• Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Skills and Qualifications Desired:
• Has developed GameBoy, GBA, and other handheld devices (PDA, etc) a plus
• Strong Math (Particularly Vector/Matrix Math).
• Solid 2D/3D engine background.
• Experience with animation algorithms.
• Experience with collision detection/resolution.
• Experience with game-AI (A* Pathfinding, etc).
• Experience with low-level rendering concepts (software rasterization, etc).
• Masters in Computer science or equivalent experience strongly desired
To apply for this position, please include in the job title in the subject of your email, a cover letter and your minimum salary requirements to email@example.com. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to each applicant. We will contact you if there is a match. No phone calls, please. Principals only.
listing jobs Glu Mobile 94404 San Mateo California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.