Pre / Post Sales Engineer
IBS is an information technology consulting firm providing IT services and solutions that help clients compete in their markets and improve their operations. We offer application development and integration, business and network strategies, and strategic IT staffing solutions. Flexible delivery of IT services and solutions is an integral part of IBS’ client-first approach to technology consulting. Since 1981 we have been a reliable provider of IT consulting services to hundreds of mid- and large-size firms.
Currently we are seeking a Pre/Post Sales Engineer for one of our clients in the Western Chicago Suburbs.
Overview of Position
* Provide technical sales support for both pre and post-sales activities.
* Oversee product demonstrations as well as product evaluation/pilots and deployment process from installation through order to deployment this individual must be able to drive this process to successful completion.
* Act as technical liaison between the customer and the company. The Systems Engineer must be a trusted technical resource to the customer before and after the sale and be able to represent the customer’s requirements into the product development process.
* Ensure highest possible customer satisfaction. As a voice for the customer who understands the processes within the company the Systems Engineer must act to resolve any customer issues, which would affect their opinion of the company.
* Present and demonstrate products and solutions to current and prospective customers, while participating in sales calls as technical resource.
* Work closely with sales representatives to satisfy all technical needs during the sales cycle, including the articulation of competitive positioning.
* Troubleshoot problems found during pre and post sales activities. Through troubleshooting determine the root cause of the problem and drive the issue to resolution involving product marketing and development as needed.
* Responsible for Technical Account Management.
* Responsible for one-on-one product training, or special group training for all customers requiring a jump start through the trial period.
* Supporting all products from the standpoint of product functionality, benefits, installation and competitive positioning.
* Record customer interactions in lead tracking and customer issue tracking systems.
* Creating content for the company’s knowledge base, educational materials, and transfer of information sessions.
* Follow up regularly with the prospective customer’s technical contacts.
* Assist as needed with responses to RFPs and RFIs.
* Work closely with Development and Product Marketing by providing feedback on potential product enhancements and competitive direction.
* Review and provide feedback to improve product documentation.
* BS/MS in technical field or marketing.
* Wireless carrier/operator experience is a MUST. Candidate should have either worked for a carrier or have had direct interaction with carriers in the past.
* Wireless data experience/knowledge a major plus: CDMA, GSM/GPRS, iDEN Strong technical skills in operating systems; Windows, Solaris, Linux Strong IT knowledge: TCP/IP, NAT, firewall concepts, load balancing concepts, frame relay, security, VPNs, etc.
* Experience debugging complex problems/systems a plus
If you would like to be considered, please send a copy of your resume including position of interest, to Wendy Grinberg, Senior Recruiter, at email@example.com.
listing jobs IBS Illinois USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.