InfoSpace: Content Processing Manager, Los Angeles, CA
Content Processing Manager
Job ID: TOP-051506-BW01
InfoSpace, Inc. is a leading global provider and publisher of mobile content, products and services that enhance the wireless experience, making it easier for consumers to find and enjoy information, personalization and entertainment on the mobile phone. The company distributes its applications and services through mobile operators, including Cingular Wireless, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint Nextel, Virgin Mobile, Vodafone, O2, Orange, 3, TIM and Telefonica Moviles.
InfoSpace also uses its unique metasearch technology to power a portfolio of branded Web sites and provide private-label search and online directory services through Dogpile (www.dogpile.com), Switchboard (www.switchboard.com), WebCrawler (www.webcrawler.com), InfoSpace (www.Infospace.com), MetaCrawler (www.metacrawler.com) and WebFetch.com (www.webfetch.com). More information can be found at www.infospaceinc.com.
About the Content Processing Manager Opportunity
A qualified candidate will be responsible for managing a team and the content processing workflow of all licensed and original digital media entering into the INSP platform and communicating status to several internal departments during various stages of this process.
Essential Job Duties
• Primary responsibility for all content production and catalog publishing deadlines for the top mobile content publisher in North America.
• Manage a team of 11+ individuals.
• Manage all promotional initiatives and other high priority projects for content processing.
• Manage edge case projects and develop procedures to incorporate them into standard processes.
• Supervise the Traffic Coordinator in maintaining a detailed schedule and daily tasks assignments to a team of Content Assistants.
• Supervise specific catalog update deadlines with for weekly/bi-weekly updates, promo category live dates and client/PM requests.
• Supervise the deliveries of 3rd party content and manage all issues with vendors.
• Assist in task prioritization.
• Participate in project/client meetings in providing estimates on level of effort and scheduling.
• Develop and provide standardized, regular communication to Program Management and Marketing announcing content releases and catalog updates.
• Provide timely and proactive communication to Program Management and Marketing about requirements and scheduling conflicts, with suggestions to resolve them.
• Provide proper communication accordingly while the Content Coordinator troubleshoots content and catalog issues.
• Track and verify hourly contractors/temps for the content processing group.
• Work with the Content Coordinator in defining and enforcing content delivery entry criteria standards ensuring content upload files are prepared correctly with spreadsheets including appropriate meta-data, ensuring folder structure is standardized and placed in correct repositories, and ensuring all deliveries are complete per requirements.
• Meet and communicate with a variety of vendors and internal groups at all levels in those organizations to define and maintain media processing processes.
• Assist in performing cost analysis on the group’s throughput and workflow and help identify process improvements to decrease cost.
• Assist in tracking resource level of effort to project upcoming resource needs.
• Manage issue escalations.
• Coordinate with Engineering to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
• Coordinate with Licensing content take-downs and delivery restrictions.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
• BA/BS required.
• Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Access, MS Powerpoint, Viso or other project management tools.
• Experience with directly managing a team.
• 2+ years experience in coordinating cross-team projects, and managing conflicting requirements/needs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
• Strong organizational and scheduling skills.
• Detail orientated a must.
• Team player who does not require detailed supervision.
• An ability to develop new processes and procedures.
• A keen ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture.
• Ability to balance work requirements across multiple concurrent projects.
• Must be very outgoing, proactive, entrepreneurial, and have positive personality.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and document business requirements and process needs, and translate the requirements into system solutions a plus.
• Knowledge of digital audio, image and video formats a plus.
• Strong analytical skills a plus.
To apply for the position, visit our website at www.InfoSpaceinc.com or send a resume, indicating Job ID: TOP-051506-BW01 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
listing jobs InfoSpace 90024 Los Angeles California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.