Adobe: Quality Engineering Manager Breeze, San Francisco, CA
Quality Engineering Manager, Breeze
Recognizing that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and rewards them for their performance by giving them an opportunity to share in the company’s success.
The Breeze team is seeking a Quality Engineering Manager in our San Francisco office to support our growing product agendas. In this role you will help drive Adobe’s delivery of successful, cutting-edge web conferencing and training products. This individual will be responsible for the overall quality of developed applications through execution of all aspects of the Quality Assurance lifecycle; play a major role in every phase of the software development life cycle, from requirements definitions through to deployment; and develop, recommend and implement software QA policies and procedures between the development team and other departments.
The QE Manager will also participate in project-wide reviews of business requirements and use-cases; provide input into software requirement and design process to ensure quality product output from the development team; partake in estimation, planning and risk analysis of QE activities; communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written format; and write accurate and detailed test plans, cases, reports and ongoing and comprehensive quality assurance documents as well as the test process itself.
Ultimately, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring all product components conform to the established technical, operational and performance requirements and for creating a cohesive/collaborative work environment for the QE staff.
• Strong understanding of software development models and quality assurance processes, understanding of what models are most appropriate for a particular scenario.
• Finds flexible and creative solutions to complex testing problems.
• Applies a strong customer and quality focus in all phases of the product development cycle, positively influencing team perspectives on the project plan and schedule.
• Reviews and comments on test development, using past experience and knowledge of testing concepts effectively to contribute feedback and increase testing efficacy.
• Submits, maintains and tracks to resolution all reported software and documentation defects using established defect control systems.
• Streamline testing processes by planning for and supporting team test automation objectives and helps shape automation process across teams
• Establishes and maintains departmental polices, procedures and goals.
• Allocates/co-ordinates departmental resources.
• Responsible for collecting and summarizing departmental metrics, activities, concerns and other information to the rest of the organization.
• Performs resource planning; ensures strategic resource and staffing requirements are met.
• Responsible for hiring decisions, employee evaluations, mentoring, coaching and developing QE staff, and QE-specific training within the department. Sets clear and reasonable goals and objectives for the staff and manages to these expectations.
• Creates, maintains and tracks detailed project and quality engineering schedules during all phases of the project plan from abstracts, brainstorming and planning through execution.
• Pursues an analytical approach to the definition of key quality metrics and the steps required to achieve and document them, maintains an up to date bug model (plan vs. actual).
• Prioritizes bugs and assignments by participating in the bug scrub meetings.
• Increases efficiencies through automation, use of standard templates, etc.
• Clears roadblocks for the project and quality engineering team.
• Represents the current level of quality at any point in the product lifecycle based on accurate data (and by knowing the temperature of the team).
• Create and present a ship-readiness report for every release prior to shipping the product.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of Java and Java server technologies.
• Knowledge of Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems.
• Knowledge of Flash and other Adobe products.
• Knowledge of software testing concepts and methodologies.
• Knowledge of the software development cycle.
• Experience writing code for harness development, application testing or API testing.
• Experience configuring, deploying and managing servers, web applications and/or databases.
• Experience testing or managing test teams with a multimedia, A/V, web conferencing or collaboration focus.
• Experience with software testing tools for functional testing, performance testing (e.g. Mercury QuickTest Professional, Load Runner or similar performance and/or functional test harnesses).
• Ability to develop and manage cross –functional relationships
• Is able to effectively define, staff, and manage a project or diverse team, creating and executing against a large or complex project plan and can effectively bring a project to completion.
• Able to assess and mitigate risk effectively as well as communicate this risk across the project and to upper management in a rational and constructive way.
• At least seven years of relevant work experience in the field of quality engineering or software development, shipping and supporting commercially available software products.
• Three to seven years of management experience and have completed at least 2 product cycles as a QE Manager. Has managed both white box and black box testers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• BS/MS, or equivalent, in Computer Science.
Adobe believes personal fulfillment and company success go hand in hand, sustaining one another. In fact, our dynamic, rewarding working environment is well known – including seven consecutive years on FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” and other, similar accolades. By hiring the very best and brightest, Adobe continues to be a simply better place to work – creating a dynamic environment today and providing incentives for future achievement.
How to Apply
To apply, please email Tracy Schmidt, Global Talent Scout, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify which position you are applying for, and include your resume.
Headquarters: San Jose, CA
IPO Date: 1986
Offices: 26 offices worldwide
Fiscal 2003 revenue: $1.29 billion
Fiscal 2004 revenue: $1.67 billion
YTD 2005 revenue: $1.45 billion
Adobe Ranked Best High-Tech Employer (FORTUNE magazine, 2004)
listing jobs Adobe San Francisco California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.