Glu Mobile is a leading developer and global publisher of mobile entertainment. Glu publishes original titles and entertainment based on major brands including Atari, Cartoon Network, FOX Sports, Nickelodeon, PopCap Games and Twentieth Century Fox. The company has more than 100 entertainment applications including games, ringtones, screens and applications available via 90 carriers worldwide. Glu also offers a complete mobile gaming sourcing, management and delivery solution, ProvisionX. Based in San Mateo, California with offices in London and Singapore, Glu is funded by top venture firms NEA, BA Venture Partners, Granite Global Ventures, Sienna Ventures and Globespan Capital Partners, as well as by Time Warner Investments. Consumers can find fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the ‘g’ character logo or at www.glu.com.
Life at the cutting edge of wireless technology is an exciting but demanding place to be. Our company is always on the look out for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We reward talent, creativity and ability to get the job done. If you are interested in mobile technology and want to be part of a team that makes the future of wireless technology happen, we’re for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute product PR plans to secure opportunities for glu and glu games with consumer publications
• Manage relationships with short and longlead consumer press
• Manage existing glu relationships with consumer media
• Identify new verticals and publications and cultivate relationships and drive coverage
• Write product-related press releases, newletters and pitches
• Manage relationships with videogame press
• Work with videogame contacts for 1st looks, previews, reviews and distribution of assets for all glu games
• Execute on proactive and reactive media relations opportunities
• Coordinate interviews with spokespeople
• Prepare journalists with key background materials and information in advance of interviews
• Prepare spokespeople with anticipated questions, related coverage and key messages
• Provide spokesperson with post-interview feedback
• Handle follow up with journalist
• Develop and maintain strong understanding of media outlets and strategic significance including competitive coverage
• Work with external broadcast agency to create and maintain updated broadcast materials, including b-roll and RNRs
• Plan and execute consumer and videogame media events including editors’ day events, consumer media tours, and press-related events at tradeshows
• Manage glu presence at tradeshows including parties, booth space and involvement in partner booths
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of public relations experience in high technology and/or consumer markets
• Strong media relations skills and experience interacting with the press
• The ability to work with numerous internal departments
• Project management and the ability to prioritize
• Exceptional writing, editing and verbal skills
To apply for this position, please include in the job title in the subject of your email, a cover letter and your minimum salary requirements to email@example.com. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to each applicant. We will contact you if there is a match. No phone calls, please. Principals only.
listing jobs Glu Mobile 94404 San Mateo California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.