Glu Mobile: Senior Accountant, San Mateo, CA
Glu Mobile is a leading developer and global publisher of mobile entertainment. Glu publishes original titles and entertainment based on major brands including Atari, Cartoon Network, FOX Sports, Nickelodeon, PopCap Games and Twentieth Century Fox. The company has more than 100 entertainment applications including games, ringtones, screens and applications available via 90 carriers worldwide. Glu also offers a complete mobile gaming sourcing, management and delivery solution, ProvisionX. Based in San Mateo, California with offices in London and Singapore, Glu is funded by top venture firms NEA, BA Venture Partners, Granite Global Ventures, Sienna Ventures and Globespan Capital Partners, as well as by Time Warner Investments. Consumers can find fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the ‘g’ character logo or at www.glu.com.
Life at the cutting edge of wireless technology is an exciting but demanding place to be. Our company is always on the look out for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We reward talent, creativity and ability to get the job done. If you are interested in mobile technology and want to be part of a team that makes the future of wireless technology happen, we’re for you.
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of daily general accounting functions including accounts payable transactions, bi-weekly reconciliation of payroll, employee expense reports, time entry and month-end preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations. Coordination and tracking of monthly close processes, verification and posting of journal entries, cash accounting, expense accruals, coordination with external auditors, fixed asset accounting, and the preparation of general ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis. This position is also responsible for the research and resolution of unusual transactions and special accounting projects as required, and will interface with other departments to resolve accounting issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• General accounting and reporting for accounts payable, fixed assets, and payroll including month-end accrual, reconciliation and reporting.
• Participate in and contribute to the annual audit process and other statutory audits including preparation of PBC schedules
• Prepare amortization schedules such as prepaid expenses, deferred rent, Leases and Loans
• Manage the day-to-day accounting operations (A/P, GL, expense reports, P/O’s) and maintenance of accounting records
• Support the Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing for key balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Support financial planning and analysis on the creation of monthly and quarterly Actual vs. Budget and Actual vs. Forecast reporting
• Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements
• Prepare and enter journal entries for various business transactions and account functions
• Liaise with international subsidiaries and coordinate all accounting transactions
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• 3-5 years Public or Private high tech company experience in Accounting, software company experience preferred.
• Technical accounting experience (FASB, SOP, EITF and SEC)
• Highly organized with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
• Must be highly accurate and detail-oriented, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Experience with A/P, G/L, expense reports, PO Process required.
• SOX Compliance experience required
• Proficiency with MS Excel is required
• Strong computer skills are highly preferred
• Oracle (or other tier 1 system) experience required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
• CPA with Big 4 experience a plus
To apply for this position, please include in the job title in the subject of your email, a cover letter and your minimum salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to each applicant. We will contact you if there is a match. No phone calls, please. Principals only.
listing jobs Glu Mobile 94404 San Mateo California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.