Senior Channel Marketing Manager – San Francisco, CA
Do you want to help bring mobile television to life? Do you enjoy helping business partners market to consumers?
Weathernews – the largest public weather services company in the world, and with over 1.5 million monthly subscribers to our mobile services – has built the first locally-focused mobile video network that will bring the video broadcasts of news stations across the country directly to subscribers’ cell phones. Subscribers can see news, weather, sports, traffic, and more from their local TV stations in addition to Weathernews’ original programming right in the palms of their hands.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Channel Marketing Manager, responsible for communicating and extending the WNI, WNI Network, WNI LiveLocal, and Weathernews brands through various marketing communications and channel marketing activities. This is a unique opportunity for a disciplined and organized individual with initiative and creativity to manage and spearhead multiple projects aimed at generating awareness and driving sales for Weathernews’ mobile products and services.
Your primary focus will be to plan and implement channel marketing programs with our mobile partners across the U.S., including almost 100 broadcast stations and the major wireless carriers.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
• Develop and roll-out national, regional and local channel marketing programs, including launch activities, co-branded collateral materials, etc. with Weathernews’ mobile partners, including broadcast affiliates, wireless carriers, and other mobile distribution partners
• Work with Weathernews’ partners to innovate and develop new programs; gain partner buy-in, including people and financial support; and drive the implementation of online and offline sales opportunities
• Plan and implement a stream of new marketing programs, to keep us ‘fresh’ and top of mind for our partners
• Oversee program effectiveness across our stations; learn what works best and apply lessons across entire network; continually measure, improve and then leverage results
• Oversee creation and distribution of consumer marketing and sales collateral materials, including brochures, direct mail, newsletters, Web site, etc., and manage outside vendors or internal resources (graphic design, fulfillment, etc.) as needed
• Draft and/or edit content for collateral materials and public relations activities, including press releases, newsletter articles, by-line articles, case studies, etc.
• Work with corporate marketing to draft key messages and content for both internal and external corporate communication initiatives
• Work with product management to ensure consistency of brand in new product design as well as in presentations and other sales support materials
• Coordinate logistics for distribution of materials with regional sales account managers
• Maintain and manage mobile marketing activities calendar and budget
• Represent the company at industry trade shows, conferences and meetings
• Perform other duties as required
• Bachelors degree, preferably in English, Marketing, Business, or equivalent
• 5-7 years related experience
• Mobile experience preferred
• Retail channel marketing experience a strong plus
• A visceral feel for, and demonstrated ability to tailor messages and programs for consumers
• Experience working at or with broadcasters a strong plus
• Proven ability to sell your ideas to time-pressured outside groups
• Proven ability to manage the details for smooth program creation and rollout, including rolling up your sleeves
• A numbers orientation, for focusing on channel sell-through and program effectiveness
• Ability to interact constructively with multi-functional team members
• Ability to work independently and flexibly and yet be fully accountable
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels including management and staff personnel both internally and externally (encompasses verbal, written, listening)
• Strong business writing and creative writing skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational skills
Weathernews offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the opportunity to join a recognized leader in the weather information & risk analysis industry. Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Weathernews’ products and services, please visit: http://www.weathernews.com
Weathernews is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals Only. No Calls Please.
listing jobs Weathernews San Francisco California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.