Here’s a chance to join one of the real leaders in mobile content!
Weathernews – the largest public weather services company in the world, and with over 1.5 million paying subscribers to our mobile services – has built the first locally-focused mobile video network that brings the video broadcasts of 82 news stations reaching 74 million households directly to subscribers’ cell phones. Subscribers are able to see news, weather, sports, traffic, and more from their local TV stations in addition to Weathernews’ original programming right on their phones. Become part of the award-winning Weathernews Mobile team and help build the most interactive, visual and compelling wireless products delivering content to consumers over phones and more. Check out our current offering of products at www.livelocal.tv.
The Senior Mobile Product Manager will pro-actively prioritize target markets, define products, work with engineering and sales, develop and execute promotions and more. The ideal candidate is consumer-focused and able to work through and with partners, carriers and broadcasters.
• Drive the complete wireless application product lifecycle from concept to launch including product strategy, feature definition and testing
• Manage an entire portfolio of products, and product development efforts
• Instrumental in the creative product vision and the overall mobile user experience
• Partner with Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Business Development to refine and drive the product development process
• Communicate project status and risk on a regular basis, manage changes to project scope or timeframes and maintain meeting minutes and project issues
• Develop effective, clear and elegant MRD and PRD documents
• Develop sales presentations, internal and external training materials, marketing materials and competitive analyses
• Develop process and workflow for how we service and delight customers, across multiple channels
• Manage strategy and details of porting to scores of new handsets to support carrier relationships
• Advance our business tracking tools, supporting more metrics-driven decisions on products and marketing
• Manage partner relationships needed for product delivery and billing off-deck
• Clarify any and all materials and content necessary for the wireless applications
• Other duties as requested
• P&L mentality with ability to evaluate business tradeoffs in investing in features, products, promotions
• Passion for creating the finest in consumer-friendly products with an inspired, user-centric design
• Demonstrable history of building strong relationships with sales and engineering counterparts
• Track record of successfully planning and deploying mobile products for consumers
• 4 – 7 years product management experience, with reputation as the ‘go-to’ resource
• Understanding of Wireless industry technology (J2ME, XHTML, WML, BREW)
• Knowledge of wireless carrier networks, content providers, and wireless products and services
• Strong leadership skills in managing the development and launch process
• General understanding of digital content production helpful
• Ability to multi-task under pressure and time constraints
About Weathernews Americas Inc.
Weathernews Americas Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Weathernews, Inc. Based in Japan, Weathernews, Inc. is the world’s largest, publicly-traded, full-service weather company (TSE#1, 4825). A global organization with 36 offices in 15 countries, Weathernews delivers customized, risk communication services to businesses and individuals whose lives or livelihoods are affected by the weather. With over 12,000 business customers and 1.5 million wireless subscribers worldwide, the company consistently evaluates and evolves existing applications for weather information while exploring additional markets and industries which would benefit operationally and financially from specific weather information and delivery methods. Currently, Weathernews delivers weather information, analysis and risk communication services to some of the largest companies in agriculture, aviation, energy, marine, media, offshore oil and retail. For more information, go to www.weathernews.com.
Interested? Do you have what it takes?
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Cover letters that speak specifically to the first three bullet points listed under Requirements, get preferred attention.
Weathernews is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Calls Please.
listing jobs Weathernews San Francisco California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.