Los Angeles Times: Voice Data Network Engineer, Los Angeles, CA
VOICE / DATA NETWORK ENGINEER
The Los Angeles Times, a Tribune Publishing Company, is engaged in cutting edge technology projects. Currently, our Network team has been selected to be the flagship business unit for a cutting edge IVR project for the Tribune Corporation. If you are searching for a fast paced but, stable environment with challenging projects, bring your skills and experience to this Los Angeles icon.
Today, we are actively recruiting for a Voice/Data Network Engineer for our corporate Downtown Los Angeles location.
• 3+ years experience working with Cisco IPCC Enterprise in a live call center environment – Inbound and Outbound
• 3+ years experience configuring and managing Cisco Call Manager
• Cisco Voice Portal CVP and Cisco ICM experience highly desired
• In-depth understanding of H.323, H.248, Cisco Skinny ( SCCP), RTP / RTCP, MGCP, SDP, SIP, 802.11, T.38 , Analog E&M/FXS/FXO, Voice Codecs G.7xx
• In-depth understanding of T1, DS-3, SONET , ISDN PRI
• Proficient understanding of mobile carrier wireless technology – GSM, GPRS and 3G and Hot Spot Technology.
• Strong IP Routing and Switching Experience
• Strong understanding of Network QOS requirements to support VOIP
• Cisco IP Telephony Specialist Certification/s
• Cisco Network Certification CCNP, CCIE or CCNA desired
• Exceptional customer service, oral and written communication skills.
• Troubleshooting skills and experience with both voice and data diagnostic software tools and test equipment at the voice and data packet levels.
• Strong Vendor management and expense budgeting skills.
The Voice/Data Network Engineer is responsible for the following functions:
• Periodic Analysis of CDR and make appropriate management recommendations
• Working with departmental managers, directors, and vendors to develop innovative call center technology solutions.
• Assist departmental managers in testing, administering, and deploying call center applications.
• Working with call center vendors to evaluate integration and technology capabilities.
• Assist departmental managers in developing RFP*s for outsourced call center services.
• Participates in the management of vendor support relationships. This includes reviewing call report statistics from the PBX management vendor and working to present opportunities for cost savings.
• Access Legacy PBX and Key systems to generate reports and review / validate call routing configurations.
• Research opportunities for VOIP toll avoidance and present strategy, costs, and ROI to management.
• Consult with IT management on mobile carrier technology, trends, and solutions.
• Must be able to map business requirements to technologies available today and present strategy for the future.
• Design, deploy, and manage voice gateways, IP call processing equipment, IP VRU, and IP ACD equipment. Project manage deployments end *to- end. Strong vendor management skills.
• Design, propose, deploy management tools to manage fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security (FCAPS) for the IP telephony environment.
• Develop and manage toll fraud avoidance policies and procedures.
• Hands on troubleshooting voice quality issues and call routing problems. Legacy and IP environment. Must be able to troubleshoot Legacy PBX infrastructure, IP Voice infrastructure, and IP data network.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit www.tribjobs.com and search key word “1396” to apply for the Voice/Data Network Engineer position. For more information, please contact Terri Hawkins, 1-800-528-4637 ext 76831
The Los Angeles Times, a Tribune Publishing company, is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, and considers all persons without regard to race, ancestry, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, and any other protected status. The Times requires successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
listing jobs Los Angeles Times Los Angeles California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.