Sr. Antenna Design Engineer
A wirelesss semiconductor company developing innovative Ultra Wideband wireless chipsets. The mission is to simplify networking by removing cables, allowing effortless connections between PCs, consumer electronics, PC peripherals and mobile devices. We want to change the way consumers use electronic devices to connect to the world. Founded by industry pioneers in Ultra wideband technology. The company’s 200+ patent/application portfolio speaks to the experience of our team and our deep understanding of radio frequency technology. The executive team is comprised of leaders from some of the most respected companies in the technology world including IBM, Intel, Cirrus Logic, AMD, Mobilian, and Standard Micro Systems to name just a few. Backed by some of the leading venture capital firms, we have assembled a team that will deliver the first complete, fully functional 480Mbps solution to market by mid-2006.
This position is for an innovative and creative Senior Antenna Design Engineer. Viable candidates for this job should have a minimum of six (6) years of previous related experience in microwave antenna design engineering for products and applications in wireless communications. Job responsibilities will include the following:
• Analyze, design, and prototype UWB antennas for integration in first generation UWB products;
• Design and project management of antennas for UWB enabled products in the frequency range of 3 10 GHz;
• Evaluate component antennas and qualify suppliers;
• Implementation of different frequency selective responses to improve interference protection;
• Prototype printed antennas using CAM software together with the in-house milling machine;
• Analyze, design, and prototype passive components such as power dividers, filters, multi-path emulator boards;
• Engage with customers and antenna partners for design and high-volume manufacturing.
• A minimum of 10 years of industry experience in microwave antenna design,
• Experience with Ansoft HFSS, AutoCAD or Inventor,
• Working knowledge of antennas, transmission line theory, and passive RF circuit design.
• Familiarity with the characteristics and design of various antenna types such as uniform or tapered slot, cavity backed aperture, broadband, wire, and microstrip is required.
• Experience with other design and analysis software tools such as Microwave Office, WIPL-D, MatLab, and NEC a plus.
• Hands-on experience performing S-parameter measurements, antenna pattern measurements using far and near field techniques, and antenna gain measurements required.
• Knowledge of practical RF system considerations such as path loss calculation, cascade noise figure, and intercept point is desirable.
• BSEE required, MSEE preferred
To apply, please send your resume including salary requirements and position of interest to:
listing jobs Veriseo Austin Texas USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.