Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Mobile Engineering team you will be developing systems and applications in support of Disney mobile businesses, including Disney Mobile (MVNO), Mobile ESPN (MVNO), Disney Mobile Studios, Starwave Mobile, ESPN Mobile Publishing ABCNews and others. The mobile platform includes content management and delivery systems, messaging systems (SMS, MMS, WAP Push), WAP sites, and custom backend services for client applications. Reporting to the engineering manager of the Mobile Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing and developing new products as well as maintaining existing products. You will work as part of small to medium size development teams, and will be responsible for supporting all stages of the software development lifecycle.
• 25% Specification, Design and Documentation
• 60% Implementation, Integration & Test
• 15% Maintenance and Support
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 4-6 years minimum experience in software development.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work effectively on small to medium size development teams.
• Ability to lead small to medium size development teams and provide mentorship to less senior members of team.
• Ability to work closely with customers to intimately understand their needs and provide appropriate solutions.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and deliver on time according to project schedules.
• Strong analytic skills. Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. Ability to select best methods and techniques for solving problems.
• Must be a self-starter that can drive projects forward with minimal management oversight.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
• Solid software development background and strong understanding and experience with object-oriented analysis and design concepts.
• Experience in full life-cycle software development.
• Proficient in Java programming language.
• Strong understanding and development experience with relational database design and technologies including MSSQL, MySQL, JDBC.
• Experience building applications with an emphasis on performance, scalability, high-reliability and maintainabilty.
• Strong understanding and development experience with mobile technologies including WAP, XHTML, WAP Push, SMS/MMS, J2ME, BREW.
• Strong understanding and development experience with common delivery protocols including HTTP, SSL, SMTP, UDP, TCP/IP.
• Strong understanding and development experience with web technologies including IIS, J2EE(JSP, Servlets, JMS), XML, SOAP
Please apply online at:
listing jobs USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.