RFIC Applications Engineer
RFIC Technology Company in Warren, NJ (908) needs RFIC Applications Engineer.
Working as a member of a cross functional team, resolve customer technical issues related to the operation of RF products in Wireless applications. This work will include validation of electrical performance through component characterization, hands-on lab work to identify and resolve issues, design and analyze RF subsystems using tools such as Agilent ADS and MS Excel; support of customers and reference design partners to integrate power amplifier products and FEM modules into handset designs; mentor junior level engineers and technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Resolves customer technical issues related to RF components in Wireless Applications.
• Performs RF characterization and electrical performance verification of RF products. Maintains Applications Lab.
• Provides technical support to Sales & Marketing, customers to support design win activities.
• Accurately and fully characterizes RF products including providing customer specific test data.
• Performs competitive analysis through comparative measurements, market intelligence and interpretation of datasheets.
• Performs Impedance matching and optimization of product performance within the RF front end of a Wireless mobile terminal.
• Supports customer product qualification internally and on-site as needed.
• Complete technical articles, application notes, product notes, and technical presentations
• Leads communications internally; mentors all lower level employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• BS and 5 + years experience
• MS and 3 + years experience
• Strong overall RF experience: familiar with transmission theory, matching theory, filtering, PA design, PA biasing, PA architectures, transceiver architectures, antennas, RF test methods, RF automation
• System level analysis and design experience for cellular phones: spec and standard translation into system level design, component performance budgeting based on system level requirement Front end integration of cellular phones related to power amplifiers (PA*s)
• Familiarity or working experience with 3GPP, ETSI specifications.
• Knowledge of Smith Chart and impedance matching
• Experience with RF/Microwave RFIC test and characterization for Wireless applications
• Familiarity with Wireless communications architectures, systems, and modulation techniques
• Handset design experience with 2G/ 3G/ 4G systems is a plus
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
• Ability to supervise, direct, and provide guidance to technicians
LANGUAGE and WRITING SKILLS
• Good presentation skills, friendly personality
• Good technical writing skills: responsible for technical articles, application notes, product notes, technical presentations
Travel required: none
Contact for more information:
Justin Van Zandt
50 Woodside Plaza
Redwood City, CA
listing jobs Warren New Jersey USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.