NPR Digital Media is an energetic group of dedicated professionals with a wealth of skills and experiece that is used to bring the audio, photos, writing, information, and creative interactive media to the NPR Web site: npr.org. We are branching out into new areas of technology to make NPR accessible in many forms. We are seeking an aggressive Mobile Product Manager to help us reach this goal.
The Product Manager develops and manages products, partnerships and strategic relationships that place NPR and NPR member stations’ content on mobile platforms, podcasting devices and other on-demand platforms. The position also develops opportunities to generate revenue from these mobile platforms.
This position requires the following:
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in technical or business field preferred
• Minimum of three years experience in the wireless carrier, handset or mobile product industry
• Minimum of three years of product management experience, preferably in mobile, media or Internet industry
• Demonstrated experience with cell phone software platforms such as Symbian, UIQ, Java or BREW and/or technical tools, applications and procedures associated with those platforms
• User interface development and management expertise preferred
• Demonstrated leadership skills in product planning, market analysis, product vision, market knowledge, competitive analysis, industry standards and product development
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as significant analytic ability
• Ability to handle tight deadlines and work successfully with a variety of people
• Creative, assertive, self-motivated and self-confident with a demonstrated ability to take responsibility, exercise excellent judgment under pressure, show initiative, and work with minimal supervision in a dynamic, demanding, fast-paced office environment; strong problem-solving orientation and skills are necessary
• Solid knowledge of financial analysis and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) preferred.
Successful candidates will have:
• Relevant experience in the mobile industry with a proven track record of and ability to deliver mobile products to market
• Skill in crafting action plans necessary to achieve revenue-minded objectives
• Relationship management skills including an ability to understand each partner’s goals
• Ability to work creatively to structure products and partnerships including cooperating with NPR legal, technical, content and communications teams
• High degree of comfort interacting with and influencing partners at all levels of a company
• Solid understanding of existing and emerging mobile media business models
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and
• Understanding of the culture and values of news organizations and/or public broadcasting.
NPR is a growing multi-media broadcast operation. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including three weeks of annual leave.
Contact: To apply, send cover letter and resume, identifying position by number (#MWJ1523) and job title, to:
Human Resources Department
635 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001-3753
National Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer
listing jobs National Public Radio 20001 Washington DC Washington DC USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.