Senior Product Manager
Mountain View , CA
Job Code: veri-00007409
The Kontiki Delivery Management System is the leading solution for secure, efficient delivery of digital media such as video, documents, and software files. Kontiki DMS is used by leading media companies such as AOL, BBC, and SkyTV for fast, user-friendly, reliable delivery of DVD-quality video over the Internet to consumers and by leading enterprises such as Ernst & Young, Nextel, and VeriSign for sales, marketing, corporate communications, and training. Kontiki has an opening for an experienced product manager to help lead the evolution of Kontiki DMS with a focus on major consumer media opportunities.
Product Management is responsible for successfully defining and bringing to market new services and software targeted at media and enterprise customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop the strategy and roadmap for media and enterprise products and services.
• Understand the industry landscape including potential partners and competitors in order to drive product strategy and positioning.
• Work closely with media and enterprise customers to gather product requirements and communicate product roadmaps.
• Perform product research including market, technical, and competitive analysis.
• Work closely with engineering and other teams to translate customer requirements into concise and clear product requirements and schedules.
• Ensure that new products and services drive revenue according to company plan.
• Communicate key product and service messages (e.g. positioning, value proposition, features / benefits) to customers, sales force, and other internal employees.
Position reports to the Director of Product Management.
Experience – External:
This position requires the following skills:
• 10+ years in software product management and product development.
• Primary experience should be in shipping winning software or managed services for media or enterprise customers that has successfully met revenue and margin goals.
• Strong experience working directly with Fortune 500 CIOs and general managers.
• Strong experience leading across functional groups to ship software on schedule. Able to work effectively with a diverse team and gain the respect of team members. Must be able to effectively lead, motivate, and manage people in different groups across the company, even when they do not directly report to you.
• Thorough understanding of digital media and the enterprise software market. Good understanding of key technologies such as internet/networking infrastructure and security. Deep technical knowledge necessary to understand complex product issues that will affect the success of the product.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must excel at presenting technical and product information to customers and internal teams and at writing clear & concise documents such as MRD/PRDs and technical white papers.
• Technical background with a BS in engineering/computer science or direct experience as an engineer.
The ideal candidate will have some of the following skills and experiences as well:
• Understanding of the needs of major consumer media companies in digital content initiatives. Good understanding of key technologies such as digital rights management, online advertising, billing, payment, internet/networking infrastructure and security.
• Experience with any of the following:
• Content Management Systems,,X
• Hardware- or software-based,,X caching or Content Delivery Networks Reporting, tracking, and analysis of„X user activity for high-volume web sites Online advertising and targeting,,X systems Other enterprise„X software
To apply, please email your MS Word resume, indicating position of interest / job code (above), and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Verisign 94043 Mountain View California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.