Verisign: Security Engineering Engineer III, Memphis, TN
Security Engineering – Engineer III
(need 3 placements: Jr to Sr)
Job Description – External:
The Security Engineering position is within the Operations group of the VeriSign Security Services Business unit. Managed Security Services (MSS) provides our customers with a quality outsourced security model. This position is for a highly technical engineer with an excellent operational acumen to support a global fortune 100 financial customer.
The position will allow the right candidate to experience support and mentoring on a wide variety of firewall types and versions as well as technical project management of complex firewall upgrades, new firewall deployments and firewall consolidations.
• Provide 3rd level support for VeriSign Firewall and related offerings including Checkpoint Firewall-1, Cisco PIX & Netscreen.
• Provide technical authority, vision, documentation of operational procedures, and guidance to ensure the continued evolution of VeriSign Managed FW Offerings
• Work closely with Product Management, Development, QA, and Engineering to identify customer and SOC product and support needs, assist in defining product delivery schedules, developing high-level product definitions, writing functional requirements, translating the requirements into interface design, and navigating the functional requirements through to launch
• Review product architectures for technical correctness and operational suitability and works with Verisign’s Solution Center (VSC) to ensure that custom or complex solutions are deployable and manageable
• Define and implement backend infrastructure requirements for scalability and reliability
• Document and perform system upgrades, regular product updates, emergency patch applications, and defines monitoring requirements
• Assist the Engineering FW Manager & Director in prioritizing development and architectural issues
• Be the expert in market and competitive trends/strategies for product area
• Work with various skill levels throughout Verisign to train and mentor on Verisign’s supported Managed Security Offerings
• Generate Unix scripts and tools to automate and accomplish a variety of configuration and update tasks as well as assist in the functional operation and maintenance of Verisign’s MSS Engineering architecture
• Perform network design and provisioning of a variety of network security devices including Sidewinder, Checkpoint, Netscreen, Cisco PIX, IP Tables, etc.
• Take part in a rotating 7X24 on-call support schedule
• Provide support and act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a large enterprise customer.
• Work with business unit owners to define, track and implement change management requests.
• Manage projects, issues and escalations as they arise for the primary area/sites/region/platforms assigned.
Experience – External:
• Minimum Qualifications/Experience and Education:
• 5+ years of network system administration with a strong background in Enterprise security devices including but not limited to Checkpoint Firewall-1, Cisco PIX & Netscreen
• Ability to manage multiple projects from conception to delivery
• Ability to interact with members of cross-functional team, reach consensus, and show results
• Experience of writing technical specifications for new development projects
• Ability to think strategically and define clear execution plans Strong written and verbal communication skills for both internal communication as well as direct contact with end clients
To apply, please email your MS Word resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Verisign Memphis Tennessee USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.