Field Technican (Wireless)
1. Monitors, verifies, and repairs network equipment performance through on-site inspection, testing and quality checks. (40%)
2. Examines test data to detect malfunctions or reduction in performance, diagnoses problems and implements solutions to restore effective operation of network equipment. (20%)
3. Prepares records for network equipment performance based on self-prepared status, equipment and other logs and reports. (10%)
4. Installs equipment in sites. (10%)
5. Assists in planning of improvements to existing sites. (5%)
6. Performs drive test of wireless network. Interprets and analyzes data collected (5%)
7. Completes On-call duty as scheduled and responds to outages as needed. (5%)
8. Performs other related duties as assigned. (5%)
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of base station and telephone switching equipment and telephone network configuration. Microwave and paging knowledge helpful.
2. Knowledge of wireless system architecture and call flow.
3. Skill in operating various mechanical and electrical testing devices and tools (examples of equipment include but are not limited to: power meter, service monitor, transmission test set, spectrum analyzer, volt/amp meter, site master sweep gear) preferred.
4. Complete level two of the Field Technician Core Competency System.
5. Skill in operating Windows based computer.
6. Ability to prioritize projects and work independently.
7. Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
8. Valid State Drivers License, a good driving record, and the ability to drive for extended periods of time.
9. Night, weekend and holiday on-call duty as required.
10. Ability to access sites via ATV, snowmobile, snowshoeing, and/or hiking.
11. Available in emergency situations via mobile phone or pager to restore site operations on a 7-day a week 24 hour a day basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Associate’s Degree in Electronics or equivalent of three (3) years of education and experience combined in a related field.
2. Four (4) years of wireless telecommunications experience.
About Hudson IT & Telecommunications
Hudson IT&T serves as a trusted resource for clients seeking high-quality technology professionals and IT solutions. We seek consultants and direct candidates with diverse skills – from web design to systems implementation, from R&D to network planning, from program management to performance integration.
We attract the best and the brightest talent in the industry, matching your skills and personality to our clients’ specific requirements. Our consultant care and benefits program includes 401(k), stock purchase, medical benefits and more. We also offer a referral bonus of $500 for each referral placed on assignment for at least three months. More information is at www.us.hudson.com/it.
Position type: Full Time, Employee
Relevant Work Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Company: Hudson IT & Telecommunications
Contact: Kathleen Chuinard
To apply, please send MS Word resume, indicating position AND location of interest along with salary requirements to: email@example.com
listing jobs Hudson IT & Telecommunications Bangor Maine USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.