Web Developer QA Engineer
Company: Limbo, Inc. (www.41414.com)
Location: Burlingame, CA (San Mateo)
Limbo is a company that creates & markets mobile services that enhance consumers’ lives. We are a fresh, provocative enterprise in the mobile entertainment sector. We have cultivated a world class team and an innovative consumer-centric product strategy.
The founders of the company are successful, serial entrepreneurs whose most recent company (www.enpocket.com) is a global leader in the mobile marketing/media space. We are funded by some of the best in the business: Azure Capital Partners and Draper Fisher Jurveston.
Our members are the focal point of our Limbo community and drive the products and services we offer. In return Limbo pledges to deliver outstanding value in a fun and exciting environment.
Our first product is the Limbo Auction; simply put, a Limbo Auction is a hybrid of a game and an auction that you play on your mobile phone. The winner of a Limbo Auction is the person making the lowest unique bid. With a Limbo Auction somebody wins, but nobody loses; each bid receives loot, and this loot can be redeemed for kewl stuff in our store.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic web developer who will work with the content created by our marketing, sales and business development teams to quickly incorporate them into the Limbo web site. You ideally have experience with web development for the consumer entertainment, web merchandising and mobile phone industry. You will incorporate content and develop the web scripting for Limbo’s 3-tier web platform consisting of Linux, Apache, PHP and Oracle.
The Limbo web platform provides online user registration, user profile management, web-based participation in the Limbo entertainment services and rewards redemption for merchandise in the Limbo store. You will have responsibility implementing the front end UI and backend integration using Limbo’s proprietary API for mobile, merchandising and fulfillment services.
You will love being is a fast growing company, solving problems with a fantastic team and making a difference everyday.
• Be a key member of a small web development team
• Work very closely with the promotions, marketing and web content teams to understand, document and develop additional web features and functionality for the Limbo Web site
• Work with the technical operations team to test, integrate and deploy the web solutions into a high-available production environment
• Write technical documentation for engineering as well as less-technical guides for other internal users
• Help the team meet aggressive campaign launch timelines
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
• Must be eligible to work in the United States and onsite in our San Mateo offices
• 3+ years post degree experience in web development
• Knowledge of SQL (Oracle preferred), including experience with queries, table creation, stored procedures/triggers, etc.
• Experience developing for mission-critical, high-available, high-traffic web sites
• Experience with content management, source code management, revision tracking, test cases, etc.
• Experience with JSP, XML, Python and J2EE/J2SE technologies is a plus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• People skills are as critical as technical skills for this position.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as a team
• Enthusiastic user of a mobile phone
• Sense of humor
To apply, please send your MS Word resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Limbo, Inc. San Mateo California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.