Network Design Engineers – multiple openings
UNICON International, Inc. is a top consulting firm in Columbus, Ohio and is dedicated to achieving total client and employee satisfaction. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to small and medium sized businesses. We work with companies to help them define and meet their IT needs by providing high quality and competitively priced products and services. If you are interested in working for an organization where honesty, integrity and quality are among the core principles then apply today at UNICON!
We are currently accepting resumes for Network Design Engineers – multiple openings (2903) in Lisle, Illinois.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties:
• Work with the customer to gather the design requirements in the form of a design questionnaire
• Complete the Customer Network Design Document (CNDD)
• Coordinate the CNDD and the questionnaire review meetings and act as the primary point of contact for customer queries, design issues related to that market
• Work with the market PM, CTA and the equipment engineering team to gather the design requirements that are not included in the questionnaire
• Perform the following tasks as part of delivering the CNDD for the assigned market
• Generate the IP Addressing Plan for the market using the IP Tool
• Perform the Edge Routers (Juniper M40E, Cisco 10K) design based on the defined recommendations for Customer markets. The design includes providing the interface configuration such as GiGE, OC12 interfaces and performing the MLG design for the cell site
• Perform the Multi-Layer Switches (Cisco 6509E) design; this includes assigning the ports for the MSC components, VLAN assignment, OSPF configuration, and providing the interface configuration for each MSC connection
• Determine the physical connectivity table for the given market based on the market specific hardware configuration
• Draw the detailed network topologies for the market in VISIO
• Compile the CNDD document for the assigned market using the pre-defined CNDD template and complete all the appendices associated with the CNDD
• Perform the internal and external (customer) review of the CNDD to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in the CNDD
Required Skills and Experience:
• CCNA or JNCIA certified
• Extensive experience in EVDO IP design or hands-on experience with Juniper/Cisco Routers & Switches
• Knowledgeable about Network Topology, Signal/Switching Architecture
• Experience with Microsoft Visio
• Good technical writing skills
UNICON offers competitive compensation packages including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement, matching 401k, and more!
UNICON International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your MS Word resume along with salary requirements, indicating position of interest, to:
UNICON International, Inc.
listing jobs UNICON International Lisle Illinois USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.