UNICON: Network Design Engineer, Birmingham, AL
Network Design Engineer
UNICON International, Inc. is a top consulting firm in Columbus, Ohio and is dedicated to achieving total client and employee satisfaction. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to small and medium sized businesses. We work with companies to help them define and meet their IT needs by providing high quality and competitively priced products and services. If you are interested in working for an organization where honesty, integrity and quality are among the core principles then apply today at UNICON!
We are currently accepting resumes for a Network Design Engineer (2946) in Birmingham, Alabama.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties:
• Providing cost-effective and efficient RF Optimization and Performance services for
• Perform RF Performance activities required to support the network build program (new cells, EVDO upgrades, CDMA carrier additions, etc.)
• Analyze baseline results and implement solutions for improving those results.
• Monitor and respond daily to system problems
• Implement corrective action in a timely manner
• Troubleshoot system problems such as handoff failures, failed originations, frequency-related issues, and inter-modulation
• Troubleshoot and resolve customer complaints
Required Skills and Experience:
• RF optimization and performance experience in Lucent CDMA and EVDO networks, experience with RF tools (CAIT, LDAT, SPAT, AirPro, Mapinfo, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 5+ years experience in RF Engineering, RF system design or RF system performance
• Familiarity with Lucent cell site hardware, switch, and subscriber equipment
• Understanding of call processing (originations, handoffs, directed retry) in a Lucent environment
• Proficient knowledge of spreadsheet and databases (Excel, Access and MapInfo)
• Familiarity with RF propagation tools and radio test equipment (COMARCO, DataPro, spectrum analyzers, service monitors, etc.)
• Understanding of CDMA, 3G-1X and EVDO operation
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• UNIX (Shell scripts and AWK) experience a plus
UNICON offers competitive compensation packages including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement, matching 401k, and more!
UNICON International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your MS Word resume along with salary requirements, indicating position of interest, to:
UNICON International, Inc.
listing jobs UNICON International Birmingham Alabama USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.