RF Optimization Engineer
UNICON International, Inc. is a top consulting firm in Columbus, Ohio and is dedicated to achieving total client and employee satisfaction. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to small and medium sized businesses. We work with companies to help them define and meet their IT needs by providing high quality and competitively priced products and services. If you are interested in working for an organization where honesty, integrity and quality are among the core principles then apply today at UNICON!
We are currently accepting resumes for a RF Optimization Engineer (2906) in Portland, Oregon.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties:
• Plan and execute the RF optimization tasks to optimize clusters in the customer network during the deployment phase
• Troubleshoot problem areas and provide recommendations for system performance enhancements
• Base Preparation: Review the contract to determine the correctness and feasibility of the RF performance metrics and acceptance criteria. Attend CSS and ODD reviews to assure proper RF requirements and ODD setup. Work with Overall RF lead engineer to understand the RF design, cluster definition, customer expectation, and network configuration. Participate in providing input to the RF sections in the MOP, deployment plan, CATP, and site logistic needs. Determine test equipment needs and work with PCTI to order the equipment from the tools group.
• On-Site Preparation: Develop and document optimization drive routes and cluster control routes. Ensure spectrum clearance, integration testing, power calibration, and call-through tests are carried out. Perform translation parameter check. Create and implement the initial neighbor list setup. Generate script files necessary for the RF optimization. Perform sanity check on antenna configuration. Study the RF design coverage maps and identify problem areas in terms of coverage, interference, or pilot pollution.
• RF Optimization: Schedule the activities of the cluster drive test team – drive routes, type of tests, scripts to use, data to process, plots to generate, etc. Analyze the drive test data and identifies problem areas with recommended solutions. Perform antenna audit to assure the correct setup based on the RF design. Recommend and implement changes in various network parameters including translation parameters, antenna configurations, etc. Collect performance metrics and generate plots to highlight performance improvements. Develop final cluster optimization reports and plots for acceptance. Make sure that the Methods and Procedures handbook on optimization are followed correctly and the optimization procedures implemented are consistent with Client recommendations. Keep an up to date documentation of optimization related actions, also maintain archives of all collected data for future reference. Perform the RF customer acceptance with the customer.
• Post-Optimization System Performance Support: Troubleshoot areas with poor RF performance. Request drive tests, analyze data, and recommend network changes. Take measures immediately and inform overall RF lead engineer of the findings. Document cluster performance issues. OUTPUTS: RF section of the deployment plan. Test equipment list. RF sections in the Customer Acceptance Test Plan. Cluster Optimization (control) drive route definition. Cluster Optimization Result Document (statistics, plots, drop call analysis) Punch list of Cluster Problem Area Recommendations.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with RF Optimization Handbook procedures, tools, test equipment, and tunable parameters
• Knowledge of Autoplex system architecture
• Knowledge of UNIX shell scripts
• Understanding of the Access Technologies (AMPS/TDMA/CDMA) air interface
• Ability to use Network Performance tools
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Ability to troubleshoot well
• Technical background in Radio Signaling
UNICON offers competitive compensation packages including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement, matching 401k, and more!
UNICON International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your MS Word resume along with salary requirements, indicating position of interest, to:
UNICON International, Inc.
listing jobs UNICON International Portland Oregon USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.