Location: Alpharetta, GA
The Engineering Manager manages a team of U.S. and Bulgarian software engineers in the successful development of client side applications for the Intellisync Mobile Suite. Typically acts as a line manager within own technology area / cost centre. Has major role in developing the product creation process and the design instructions. Leads and facilitates the teams in reaching their targets. Contributes to defining the strategy and is responsible for implementing it in own unit/area/centre. Has full responsibility for IIP discussions career and competence development, IIP and recruiting in his/her unit/area/centre. Facilitates the process of making internal and external resources available for projects (may include subcontracting). Is responsible for implementing strategic competence development actions in own unit/area with the support from HR/D. Makes recommendations for salary reviews of subordinates. Has final short term planning (up to 6 months time frame) responsibility for the unit/area/centre. May individually contribute to some project managerial tasks, e.g. in starting new activities.
• Experience managing multiple software project teams and team leads
• Demonstrated success bringing in multiple projects on time on aggressive schedules while balancing customer needs and sales requirements
• Leader capable of working with distributed project teams, cultivating a vision of success and motivating/inspiring teams to achieve that vision.
• Responsible for hiring, team building and creating a top development organization
• Led teams working on commercial software products
• Ideally has experience working on some mobile device platforms (WinCE, Symbian, Palm)
• Previous experience as a developer prior to moving into management
• 8+ yrs. Experience
• Technical degree (CS, EE preferred), advanced degree a plus
To apply, please send your MS Word resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Nokia Alpharetta Georgia USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.