Nokia: Lead Test Engineer, Alpharetta, GA
Lead Test Engineer
Location: Alpharetta, GA
As a Lead Software Test Engineer you will be responsible for day to day management of 4 to 8 test engineers. You will work with the Product Management and Development teams through the software development lifecycle to deliver new versions of your product. Your responsibilities include test planning, test design, test implementation and test execution using industry standard techniques as well as our own proprietary automation testing tools. Our test systems are designed to support all Microsoft Windows and Windows Mobile, Palm OS, and Symbian operating system platforms as well as expansion into UNIX. Our development environment for these test systems includes MS Visual C++, Embedded Visual C++, Java, Metrowerks Code Warrior, and Python. While we make extensive use of our proprietary test tools, manual execution of test cases is still required.
What you will do:
• Learn Intellisync Mobile Suite Software functionality
• Lead a team of Test Engineers responsible for testing one of Intellisync Mobile Suite Products.
• Document defects with our products found by our automated test cases or manual testing using our Defect Tracking tool.
• Help define and design software test systems that continually enhance the testing process.
• Participate in software testing process improvement activities.
• Maintain clear and effective communications with Technical Support, Professional Services, Product Management and Development Engineering.
• Report on Test Case execution.
• Create Testing Metrics that describe the status of testing.
• Create Testing Metrics that describe the status of defects.
• Mentor junior staff members and Interns.
• Commercial software development experience delivering software products for resale
• Must have 5 or more years experience leading a group of 4 or more test engineers through the complete development lifecycle
• Experience with modern testing methods and techniques.
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent analytical, debugging, and problem solving skills
• Attention to details
• BA/BS degree Computer Science or Engineering with high academic performance very helpful (or equivalent experience)
Highly Desirable Skills
• In depth knowledge and experience testing and using Lotus Domino.
• Exposure to Windows and UNIX OS’s.
• Exposure to JAVA, JSP, and ASP
• Familiarity with at least one of the following database platforms: Oracle, SQL Server, Informix, Sybase, SQL Anywhere, DB/2
• Experience testing and using any of the following: Lotus Domino, MicroSoft Exchange, Novell Groupwise
• Experience testing and using any of the following PDA platforms (Windows Mobile, Symbian OS, Palm OS or RIM BlackBerry)
• Experience developing or using home-grown automation testing tools.
BA/BS degree Computer Science or Engineering with high academic performance very helpful (or equivalent experience)
To apply, please send your MS Word resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Nokia Alpharetta Georgia USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.