Location (choose any of the 5 cities): Atlanta, Chicago, Washington DC, New York or Boston
The Mobility Solutions Consultant will provide technology consultancy services around enterprise mobility to our customers. He/She will develop a deep understanding of the business application of Nokia’s enterprise mobility solutions and third party vendor products. A typical solution will comprise of Nokia & partner products, which mobilize the enterprise. Some of the products are Mobile devices for enterprise (Nokia Smartphone 9300, 6820, etc.), Gateways for mobilizing the enterprise (Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite, Nokia One Business Server, Nokia mobile VPN), Nokia device management tools & other partner products like Symantec Anti Virus, Pointsec Encryption. This position reports in solid line to the Director – Professional Services, Americas. Experience of working in highly matrixed organization is desirable. This position will report in matrix to Global Practice Management.
Main responsibility areas:
1. Understand the customer’s industry dynamics, competition, current business processes/technology solutions, and mobility needs
2. Consult on, and articulate end-to-end mobility solutions leveraging Nokia and partner products and technologies (solution architecture, business benefits, deployment options, etc.)
3. Contribute to Professional Service proposals and assist in presenting them to the customer
4. Deliver high quality professional services with excellent project management skills
5. Actively generate business/leads during the engagement
6. Develop and manage relationships with ES Sales and partners (VARs, System Integrators & Telcos), Support sales in winning mobility business
7. Provide feedback to Nokia R&D
Technical experience in the following areas:
• Mobility Gateways – (e.g. Intellisync, Dexterra, iAnywhere, IBM Websphere, RIM, Visto, Good, Smartner, Seven). Familiarity with different mobile architecture approaches – Essential
• Handheld programming – (e.g., Dexterra, iAnywhere, Microsoft eVB/eVC/.NET, App Forge, Code Warrior, etc.) – Desirable
• Systems administration/networking skills in Windows 200X – Desirable. Familiarity with user administration activities and general networking (e.g., LDAP, Active Directory, network security schemes, authentication, encryption, reverse proxies, etc.).
• Win32 programming background (Microsoft Visual Basic/VC++, MS COM, .NET, JAVA, etc.) – Desirable
• Email systems (MS Exchange, Lotus Domino, IMAP and POP email servers) – Desirable
• Mobile device OS e.g. Symbian, Windows PPC/Mobile, PalmOS – Desirable
• Mobile device clients – Email, PIM, SyncML – Desirable
• Mobile device security e.g. FW/Anti Virus – Desirable
Needed Competencies and Skills (in English):
• Previous experience in technology consulting
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills
• Ability to work in a globally networked organization
• Alliance/partnership management experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Economics or Business (or related experience), Master’s degree a plus.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in sales and consulting.
• 3-5 years experience developing and implementing mobile applications• Prior experience with enterprise mobility solutions (e.g. Intellisync, iAnywhere, Dexterra, IBM Webshpere, RIM, Good).
• Previous work experience with telecom carrier(s) / operator(s) desired
Significant travel required (minimum 60%)
To apply, please send your MS Word resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Nokia Atlanta Georgia USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.