Operations System Management Engineer
As an Operations System Management Engineer, you will support, maintain, and help improve the Intellisync infrastructure that delivers our hosted Email and PIM services. You will work with operations team members, including system engineers and consultants. This is an opportunity to have a wide variety of tasks and contribute to the success of our new service within the wireless carrier marketplace.
What you will do:
• Ensure systems are continuously running effectively and meet 5 9’s (99.999%) uptime availability requirement.
• Provide immediate response to unscheduled interruptions to restore service as quickly as possible.
• Manage, enhance, and customize predictive analysis tools in support of operational metrics and objectives.
• Develop software scripts, various reports, and project plans in the support of initiatives to assist in maintaining system monitoring and management via several data extrapolating applications.
• Perform, document, test and benchmark modifications and adaptations for new systems and new system monitoring standards.
• Continuously seek ways to optimize systems monitoring, and operational policies and procedures.
• Provide after hours on call support on a rotating basis with other staff members to insure a 24×7 Carrier Class monitoring process.
What you need to know:
• SNMP, both device and agent side expertise.
• SQL and/or Perl scripting skill.
• General knowledge of databases and how to extract stored information (e.g. stored procedures, triggers).
• Experience and knowledge of Windows Server 200x.
• BS in Computer Science (or, equivalent professional experience).
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter.
One or more desirable skills:
• Linux/UNIX/Solaris Systems knowledge
• HP OpenView
• CA UniCenter
• Sybase ASA or other database knowledge
• Microsoft IIS
To apply, please send your MS Word resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Nokia Alpharetta Georgia USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.