Job Title: Collections Assistant Manager
Reports to: Customer Serv. Director
Work Schedule: 8:00 – 5:00
• Ensures compliance with governmental regulations
• Maintains ongoing knowledge mandatory state billing forms and filing requirements
• Identifies issues and solutions by team members related to delay in receipt of billing or follow-up activities
• Provides feedback to the Director of Customer Service regarding the accurate identification of payers and front-end registration issues
• Monitors collection processes to determine improvement opportunities.
• Evaluates individual and team performance, and makes recommendations for improvement to members
• Conducts performance reviews and provides feedback
• Improves, tracks, and develops areas of poor performance and productivity
• Train and develop departmental employees on systems, collection process and procedures, schedule adherence, and all aspects of the Collections Department
• Track and manage potential fraud accounts
• Assign collection accounts to collectors daily at the beginning of each day
• Meet and review collection activities with each collector daily
• Generate and analyze collections and adherence reports daily
• Manage the collection process to include sending out notices and making appropriate collection calls to collection accounts
• Develop and implement Collection policies and procedures.
• Responsible for taking the appropriate actions for Over Credit Limit, Accounts Receivable, Write Off accounts, and all collection issues
• Review, recommend, and assign appropriate collection accounts to an outside collection agency in a timely manner
• Responsible for making any necessary credit limit adjustments for customer accounts.
• Responsible for the overall operations of the Collections Department
• Represent Total Call International in legal collection proceedings, as appropriate
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or a related field
• 5+ years total business experience in a series of progressively responsible roles leading the collection function in organizations with a high volume of invoices in technically complex, multi-client and multi-site environment
• (3-5 years) experience in providing leadership and management direction related to collections and follow-up
• A successful track record reducing days outstanding by implementing processes, systems and metrics that resulted in improved cash flow is required
• The role demands a highly personable and dynamic leader who can motivate and unify direct reports while holding them accountable for achieving significant reductions in days for outstanding targets.
• Experience assessing the effectiveness of existing processes, systems and people, and the ability to build relationships, implement change, and get results quickly is essential.
• Understands Telecommunications/Industry concepts.
• A proven ability to quickly establish rapport and build relationships with clients is also required.
• Must be able to meet quotas and achieve goals
• Proven leadership skills
• Aggressive, growth oriented
• Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to positively adapt to rapid change
• Well developed organizational and time management skills
• Excellent PC skills required, i.e. Word, Excel
• Self-motivated with ability to work without supervision
• Excellent verbal and written skills are required
• Must be flexible to accommodate changing business requirements
• This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects
• Work requires standing, walking, and repetitive motions
• Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
• Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels
• Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data
• Operation of office machines
• Determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities
• The worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
• Office environment, with climate control
• Normal noise level
To apply, please send your MS Word resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
Total Call International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Employment, promotions, evaluations, wages and review are on the basis of qualification and ability to perform the duties listed above without regard to race, religion, gender, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition or any other characteristic protected from discrimination by federal, state or local law.
listing jobs Total Call International 90017 Los Angeles California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.