Technology Engineer for Wireless Entertainment Company
FunMobility is seeking a self-motivated, highly technical engineer to be responsible for investigating new wireless technologies. We are a very successful wireless content and application company building best-of-breed next generation wireless applications.
• Investigate enabling technology or component technology used for building next generation products, features and infrastructure components. (This person is not expected to build products, but instead specialize in finding out what is and is not possible with a particular hardware or software environment and build quick prototypes to prove the technical feasibility and proof of concept.)
• Will also investigate how technology pieces fit together and understand which pieces are important for FunMobility. Once the technology is well understood, the technology engineer will document the architecture, and instruct other members of the team how to best leverage the new technology into new and existing products.
• Review documentation, APIs, and specs to resolve problems
• Computer Science or computer system engineering
• 5+ years experience in figuring out technology components and architecture
• Proficient in C/C++ and J2ME or Brew programming.
• Strong interest in learning new technologies.
• Experience in high capacity, resource critical environments, such as high traffic websites, video game programming, and community sites a plus.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently, making appropriate decisions and seeking input when needed
• Highly motivated, flexible, self-directed. Able to manage multiple projects.
FunMobility offers competitive salaries, excellent medical benefits, matching 401(k), and profit sharing, many catered lunches, and much more. With offices in Pleasanton and San Jose.
To apply, please send your MS Word resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
FunMobility delivers a unique mobile entertainment experience by providing applications and services that enable creativity, personalization, and community-building. FunMobility’s FLEX Mobile Application Platform is comprised of interchangeable modules featuring content, applications, and services supported by proprietary implementation technology. These modules can be deployed as a complete solution, or as stand-alone components that work within a carrier’s existing mobile services offering, providing carriers with unparalleled flexibility, greater reliability, and faster time-to-market. FunMobility provides carriers with some of the industries most popular and successful mobile applications, including Wallpaper Universe, America’s Best Mobile Pix, Ringtones Universe TrueTones Universe, Mobile Comics Network, Personalized Wallpaper, and FunMobility Animated Greetings. FunMobility’s mobile applications and services are distributed through major carriers across the globe, including, Verizon Wireless, Alltel, Sprint PCS, U.S. Cellular, Cingular Wireless, and many others. FunMobility media partners include Dreamworks, United Media, Major League Baseball, Warner Bros., MTV, Universal Music, EMI, Nickelodeon, and man others. FunMobility has achieved an industry reputation for creativity, innovation and reliability, and is considered one of the industry’s most unique wireless entertainment companies. For more information, please visit http://www.FunMobility.com.
listing jobs FunMobility 94551 Pleasanton California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.