Job Title: Director of Engineering – Mobile Test
Telephia, the premier provider of syndicated market research to the communications industry, is seeking a seasoned Director-level individual to lead one of its key products: Mobile Voice & Data Testing. This is a high-profile position that will offer the succesful candidate the opportunity to make a significant impact on the company’s success.
As the engineering manager for a major product line, take overall responsibility for system development for that product. Act as technical lead for Telephia’s largest product engineering team. Take ownership of architecture, development team composition, team contribution and performance, quality and timeliness of deliverables. Reports to the SVP of Systems Development.
• Manage and motivate the software development team to achieve high performance and quality. Take overall responsibility for velocity and predictability of delivery of new initiatives within the product.
• Manage cost-effective team structure, making decisions on roles and team members.
• Work with development program management to understand business requirements. Estimate scope of work to meet requirements, and contribute to the creation of accurate and achievable initiative plans. On an ongoing basis, help identify and mitigate risks to the plan, and in general drive technical performance against the plan.
• Work with team architects to design and build systems with architectures that meet product functional requirements while also meeting company expectations for manageability, usability, and maintainability.
• Communicate designs to stakeholders within and outside of the technical organization, including IT and QA.
• Continuously consider, document and communicate impacts to production processes and procedures, with attention towards reducing and streamlining these processes whenever possible.
• Work with other product development managers, and enterprise contributors including systems development management, to define cross-product practices and standards that improve the quality and time-to-delivery of all Telephia deliverables
• At least 10 years experience in software systems development, including hands-on experience with many of the following development technologies:
• Relational Database design and modeling for large-volume data sets
• Solid SQL skills, and ETL methods and technologies
• OO tools, including Java and C++
• Experience with enterprise reporting, and tools ranging from Microsoft Excel to high-end BI tools.
• Specifically, experience with MicroStrategy a strong plus
• Experience with formal development methodologies and processes over the full software development lifecycle
• Experience with Geographic Information Systems and related tools, such as MapInfo, a plus
• Four or more years strong experience as manager of a technical team, including:
• Hiring, retention, and termination of both staff and contractors
• Management of delivery relative to planned development tasks
• Distributed team development, including all aspects of offshore resource management. Specific experience working with Indian outsourcing a strong plus.
• Comfort and experience with teams of 20 or more individuals, with majority offshore.
• Interface with other groups, including product management, quality assurance, and IT operations
• Proven ability to handle a demanding, high-energy, multitasking business climate while working under delivery pressure
• Domain experience with wireless communications a strong plus, especially knowledge of wireless protocols such as GSM, TDMA, CDMA, UMTS, EV-DO, HSDPA.
For best results, please apply online at www.telephia.com/careers or visit http://telephia.wfrecruiter.com/jobapp_candidate.asp?job_id=68198, or send your MS Word resume, including position of interest and salary requirements to Matt Morgan at email@example.com
listing jobs Telephia 94111 San Francisco California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.