Waat Media: Technical Project Manager Mobile Web Technology, Sherman Oaks, CA
Technical Project Manager Mobile/Web Technology
WAAT Media is the world’s premier provider of late night entertainment for mobile phones and wireless devices. With on-deck agreements encompassing over 60 major mobile carriers, we distribute images, games, video and mobile TV to more than 750 million handsets.
WAAT works with some of the most successful companies in the world helping mobile operators and content providers make a smooth transition into one of the most rapidly evolving arenas of mobile content. For more information, please visit www.waat.com.
We are seeking a technical project manager with programming experience to work closely with our development and account management teams to adeptly manage our development efforts.
• 50% project management, 20% analysis of 3rd party API documentation, 20% design and specification, 10% technical support
• Work tightly with development teams to develop middleware APIs.
• Provide technical guidance and resolve development issues for our development team and our core partners.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent and 3+ years of professional programming experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good understanding of product life-cycles, testing and debugging processes, and deployment procedures.
• Must be detail oriented and able to work within a fast moving production environment with concrete deadlines for project delivery.
• Flexible hours to allow for involvement in sales and support calls across multiple time-zones.
• Broad knowledge of modern programming languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Perl, and Java as well as markup languages such as xHTML, XML, XSL and WML.
• Broad knowledge of SQL database operations. MySQL is preferred, but Oracle and other RDBMS are acceptable.
• Good understanding of the Apache web server, its configuration and operation, and use of its core modules such as mod_rewrite, mod_alias, etc.
• Functional knowledge of XML/XSL and relevant technologies such as SOAP, REST, RSS, etc.
• Experience with Linux, CVS and/or Subversion.
Waat Media offers an exceptional work environment, competitive salaries and a great benefit package. Local candidates preferred; no relocation (This position is for the greater Los Angeles area).
For consideration, please send a cover letter and a resume, indicating position of interest, to firstname.lastname@example.org
listing jobs Waat Media, Inc 91423 Sherman Oaks California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.