Are you looking for the excitement and enthusiasm of a start-up company, but like the stability of a Fortune 500 company? If you are top-grade software professional with a passion for building new products, then AOL Wireless has a position for you.
The AOL Seattle office is 100% dedicated to wireless development, and we’re working on cutting-edge wireless data solutions that will change the way people use their cell phones and hand held devices. We are building a unique startup-oriented team dedicated to creating a digital wireless infrastructure to connect consumers to information and content in an easy and user-friendly manner. As a solid team of just over 100, we can preserve the small-company atmosphere while still benefiting from the many corporate assets of AOL: a world-class technology infrastructure, extensive user base, the many AOL services such as AIM, AOL Music, etc., and the media assets of TimeWarner.
The AOL Wireless division is seeking a Sales Engineer for the Western Region to support our sales initiatives with leading wireless carriers. The individual will be a key member of the team, ensuring excellent understanding of the carrier technical organization, handset roadmap, wireless services pricing plans, premium services billing systems, WAP, SMS, MMS, J2ME and BREW technologies at each carrier account. The primary objectives are to support the Account Directors in developing our messaging, content and platform lines of business with carrier partners. Ability to develop and manage excellent internal and external relationships in customer facing roles is a critical element for success in this position. Regular attendance at relevant customer meetings, trade shows and conferences is required. The individual will be the “face of technology” in client meetings.
Specific job responsibilities shall include:
1) Serving as a technical expert on AOL products, platforms and services;
2) Serving as a technical expert on carrier network and technologies;
3) Interfacing with program management, development, deployment and
account management to:
(a) aggregate technical specifications
(b) provide technical product expertise
(c) manage product deployment efforts;
4) Developing written sales collateral for AOL Wireless products, including product description and technical requirements; and
5) Developing technical specifications for contracts.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 4-6 years related experience.
• Strong grasp of wireless technologies.
• General understanding of the business aspects of the wireless industry.
• Prior wireless relationships, especially with carriers, are a plus.
America Online is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs AOL 98109 Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.