Gracenote: Mobile Applications Developer, Emeryville, CA
Mobile Applications Developer
Gracenote is seeking a full-time Mobile Application Developer to develop mobile client server applications and implement our products in a mobile environment. As part of the Mobile MusicID team, the Mobile Application Developer must thoroughly understand all aspects of mobile application development and operation of the Mobile MusicID service.
Customers will include leading mobile handset manufactures (i.e., Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Sony Ericsson) and mobile carriers such as Sprint, KDDI, Verizon, Vodaphone, NTT/DoCoMo, SKT, China Mobile, etc..
The Application Specialist must have good understanding of mobile architecture (i.e., CDMA, GSM, GPRS, EVDO, etc.) Good business communication skills, excellent attention to detail and follow-up, ability to self-manage, plus a desire to work in the exciting field of mobile digital music technology are also required.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Gracenote is a leader in global digital entertainment technology. Gracenote provides businesses with critical embedded software and metadata enabling consumers to better manage, enjoy and discover digital media. Gracenote also provides its award-winning media management technology and global media database of digital entertainment information to the mobile, auto, portable, home and PC markets.
• Develop mobile applications end to end – client development and interface to a network based service.
• Develop software design and implementation specifications.
• Ensure features work as designed and meet all requirement specifications.
• Apply software development and testing methodology to create mobile solutions with minimal supervision.
• Determine testing efforts from project requirements and develop test plans, test strategies, and test cases.
• Perform functional, integration, system, performance, stress and regression testing.
• Work with mobile team and sales to capture feature requests and track and fix bugs.
• Interact with the development and program management teams.
• Track implementation schedules and project deliverables.
• Maintain interest and view of the mobile music application marketplace and participate in industry events as needed.
• Have solid C/C++ skills and experience with leading mobile platform environments (i.e., J2ME, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Brew, etc.)
• In depth knowledge of mobile software application development and track record of developing and launching mobile applications that work in a client server environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of the software development life cycle.
• Ability to create, analyze, and interpret requirement specifications.
• Ability to focus on priorities, solve complex problems and meet deadlines.
• Have solid debugging and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and with minimal supervision.
• B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5+ years of experience developing mobile client server applications. Telecom experience preferred.
• Ability to quickly develop sample applications, demonstration programs, and technical components in C/C++, Brew, J2ME, Symbian, Windows Mobile is required.
• Good understanding of mobile architectures (i.e., CDMA, GSM, GPRS, EVDO, etc.)
• Must be enthusiastic about digital music products and services in addition to having a personal passion for music and the digital media industry.
• Familiarity with codecs such as such as AMR, QCELP and audio capture on a mobile phone is a plus.
• Must be, or become, an expert in communicating effectively and authoritatively in the areas of mobile phone systems and/or applications that enable the delivery/consumption of digital music and related content.
• Experience with automated call routing/ billing and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems.
This position will require extensive travel in the USA and throughout the world, though travel is not expected to exceed 33% of total time.
Before applying for this position, please ensure you meet the key required skills and experience listed, and send a cover letter and a current resume as a Word attachment (not inline) to: email@example.com.
listing jobs Gracenote Emeryville California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.