Pre-Sales Applications Engineer
Gracenote is seeking a full-time Pre-Sales Applications Engineer to support its Mobile product offerings and business development initiatives Globally. The Applications Engineer must thoroughly understand Gracenote products and services in support of sales activities to its customers that include all major Carrier, Handset and Mobile Service Provider companies including Sprint, KDDI, Vodafone, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and others.
The Applications Engineer will have deep technical depth, good communication skills, excellent attention to detail and follow-up, plus a desire to work in the exciting field of digital music technology and mobility.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Gracenote is a leader in global digital entertainment technology. Gracenote provides businesses with critical embedded software and metadata enabling consumers to better manage, enjoy and discover digital media. Gracenote also provides its award-winning media management technology and global media database of digital entertainment information to the mobile, auto, portable, home and PC markets.
• Provide pre-sales support to answer detailed technical questions regarding Gracenote products, services, and capabilities.
• Assist account executives in assessing customer needs and specifications, detailing requirements for standard products and custom engineering projects.
• Effectively and simultaneously manage multiple customer questions, and communicate information regarding schedules, and deliverables to customers.
• Identify customer issues and seek solutions through work with Gracenote engineering teams and development partners.
• Interface with Customer Support team to oversee validation of customer products to ensure correct operation with Gracenote products and data, and contractual Gracenote branding and documentation requirements.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience developing and/or supporting technical projects in the mobile, consumer electronics, digital networking, or software industry.
• Must be, or become, an expert in communicating effectively and authoritatively in the areas of mobile software applications, and consumer electronics products that enable the delivery/consumption of digital music and media. Strong relevant experience is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of mobile application deployment, mobile platforms (i.e., J2ME, Brew, Symbian, Windows Mobile) and the technologies that enable audio/video encoding and playback systems required. Ability to develop mobile sample applications and demonstration programs in C/C++, and/or Java is a plus.
• Possess a passion for, and understanding of, the up-to-the-minute trends that are driving the digital media consumer experience.
• Significant experience in developing and/or supporting mobile end to end services, mobile applications, and digital media products, including embedded systems or similar low-level exposure to microprocessors, operating systems, and digital media products.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Must be enthusiastic about selling Gracenote products and services in addition to a personal passion for music and the industry.
• May require up to ~50% seasonal travel
• B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Japanese, Korean and / or Chinese language skills desirable.
Before applying for this position, please ensure you meet the key required skills and experience listed, and send a cover letter and a current resume as a Word attachment (not inline) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
listing jobs Gracenote Emeryville California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.