UNIX Systems Administrator
Gracenote is looking for an exceptional full-time UNIX Systems Administrator to join our team of talented operations managers.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Gracenote is a leader in global digital entertainment technology. Gracenote provides businesses with critical embedded software and metadata enabling consumers to better manage, enjoy and discover digital media. Gracenote also provides its award-winning media management technology and global media database of digital entertainment information to the mobile, auto, portable, home and PC markets. Millions of music fans use our unique software every day- the intelligence built into every iPod being only one of many examples of our market reach.
This position will be a primary “go to” person for operational issues that affect systems administration and procedures. Operational support tasks will be the primary function for this position.
This is a role that is expected to work with a core team of engineers, and is responsible for:
• UNIX system configuration and maintenance
• Hardware configuration.
• Network monitoring and management.
• Research, document and develop future technologies.
• Perl/ C programming to automate recurring system tasks.
• Experience with full life cycle development for Internet/ Intranet projects.
• Possess in-depth knowledge of network technology, operating systems, and client/ server systems.
• Extensive knowledge of Internet/Intranet development and gateway technologies.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in UNIX (Solaris and Linux) and Internetworking required.
• A minimum of 3 years Internet experience is required.
• Ability to understand issues facing high availability, high demand Internet sites is a must.
• Must have good written and verbal skills, and be able to work in a team environment.
• Willingness to be on-call 24×7 *
• Cisco IOS experience a plus.
• A consistent work record demonstrating clear grounding in essential, required skill sets is preferred.
Before applying for this position, please ensure you meet the key required skills and experience listed, and send a cover letter and a current resume as a Word attachment (not inline) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
listing jobs Gracenote Emeryville California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.