Cincinnati Bell: Wireless Switch Technician Central Office Operations, Cincinnati, OH
Wireless Switch Technician – Central Office Operations
• Analyzing maintenance work items when required to perform maintenance or repair of the Wireless switch/s (TDMA & GSM).
• Performing repair on the wireless switch or associated network elements.
• Required to perform growth, generic retrofits, equipment upgrades, turn-ups, etc. on wireless switch and associated network elements.
• Input translations into wireless switch.
• Maintain and repair of Base Station Controller , Mobile Switching Center & Operations Management Platform.
• Works with field technicians, NOC technicians to resolve cell site issues as required.
• Required to work on various system power components including but lot limited to: batteries, power supplies, and inverters.
• Performing repair/maintenance on the transport equipment (may include DCS, SONET, and various other types of fiber/transport systems).
• May be required to cross train others.
• Required to perform turn-up and maintenance on DS3 and above equipment/facilities.
• Places and removes connections related to circuit design orders on the MDF and DSX-1 using COSMOS, TIRKS, AEGIS and any other support system documents.
• May be required to place and remove connections related to service orders and circuit design orders on the DSX-3 and LGX.
• Uses various types of test sets to test, analyze and repair troubles in the wireless central office .
• Uses various types of DS1 test sets to test, analyze, and DS1 circuits, and interoffice T1 facilities.
• May be required to use various types of DS3 or optical test sets to test, analyze, and repair DS3 and above services.
• Reviews and interprets schematic diagrams, circuit descriptions, and follow standard practices.
• Observes important security precautions, safety and housekeeping standards.
Experience / Background
• Demonstrated experience in wireless switch and transport technology.
• Demonstrated experience in wireless call processing (TDMA/GSM)
• Demonstrated experience in the installation and report of DS1 services
• Demonstrated experience using various types of test equipment.
• Demonstrated experience working with network transport elements
• Demonstrated experience interpreting TIRKS Word documents and COSMOS service orders.
• Demonstrated experience in PC skills.
• Associate Degree in a technical related field.
• Two years experience in the wireless switch technology.
• Company drivers license.
• Physical requirements: Medical – Able to lift up to 100 lbs.
• Safety requirements: Weight Restriction Policy applies.
• Satisfactory performance rating.
• Satisfactory attendance record for last twelve months.
• Technical Education Program – Level II (unless currently in 011 position).
• Work location: Various.
• Normal tours of 8 hours, facility will be open 24 hours a day. Requires day, evening, or night tours, overtime, emergency callouts, weekends or holidays.
• Work performed in team oriented and customer focused environment.
• Size of office and work group varies depending on location.
• Works independently with minimal supervision.
To apply, please send MS Word resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
201 East Fourth Street, 103-700
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, place of birth or marital status.
listing jobs Cincinnati Bell 45202 Cincinnati Ohio USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.