WAAT Media is the world’s premier provider of late night entertainment for mobile phones and wireless devices. With on-deck agreements encompassing over 60 major mobile carriers, we distribute images, games, video and mobile TV to more than 750 million handsets.
WAAT works with some of the most successful companies in the world helping mobile operators and content providers make a smooth transition into one of the most rapidly evolving arenas of mobile content. For more information, please visit www.waat.com.
We are currently seeking a Junior Developer Mobile / Web Technology
• 60% programming & unit testing, 20% troubleshooting, design & documentation, 20% team management and mentoring
• Work tightly with senior development team to develop middleware APIs and production tools.
• Help develop secondary modules and APIs for use page builders.
• Provide technical guidance and resolve development issues for page building team and our core partners.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent and 3+ years of professional programming experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good understanding of testing and debugging processes, and deployment procedures.
• Applicant must be a disciplined, self-motivating individual who can also communicate and work well in teams.
• Demonstrated mastery of object-oriented software design.
• Advanced knowledge of modern programming languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Perl, and Java as well as markup languages such as xHTML, XML, XSL and WML.
• Experience in developing optimized high-traffic web and or wireless applications in production environments.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL database operations. MySQL is preferred, but Oracle and other RDBMS are acceptable.
• Good understanding of the Apache web server, its configuration and operation, and use of its core modules such as mod_rewrite, mod_alias, etc.
• Functional knowledge of XML/XSL and relevant technologies such as SOAP, REST, RSS, etc.
• Experience with Linux, CVS and/or Subversion, BASH or similar shell scripting.
• Required, self-motivating individual who can also communicate and work well in teams.
Waat Media offers an exceptional work environment, competitive salaries and a great benefit package. Local candidates preferred; no relocation (This position is for the greater Los Angeles area).
For consideration, please send a cover letter and a resume, indicating position of interest, to email@example.com
listing jobs Waat Media, Inc 91423 Sherman Oaks California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.