Senior Developer Mobile / Web Technology
WAAT Media is the world’s premier provider of late night entertainment for mobile phones and wireless devices. With on-deck agreements encompassing over 60 major mobile carriers, we distribute images, games, video and mobile TV to more than 750 million handsets.
WAAT works with some of the most successful companies in the world helping mobile operators and content providers make a smooth transition into one of the most rapidly evolving arenas of mobile content. For more information, please visit www.waat.com.
We are seeking a senior level programmer with extensive experience in developing scalable database-driven applications and support-libraries for delivering mobile and web content.
• 60% programming & unit testing, 30% application design & documentation, 10% mentoring junior developers
• Work tightly with senior development team to translate product requirements into detailed specifications with realistic delivery times.
• Develop core modules and APIs for use by junior developers and page builders.
• Provide technical guidance and resolve development issues for our in-house development team and our core partners.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent and 6+ years of professional programming experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and understanding of advanced design methodologies as well as common design patterns and algorithms.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of development lifecycles, testing and debugging processes, and deployment procedures.
• Demonstrated mastery of object-oriented software design.
• Expert knowledge of modern programming languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Perl, and Java as well as markup languages such as xHTML, XML, XSL and WML.
• Experience in developing optimized high-traffic web and or wireless applications in production environments.
• Extensive knowledge of SQL database design, implementation and performance optimization. MySQL is preferred, but Oracle and other RDBMS are acceptable.
• Thorough understanding of the Apache web server, its configuration and operation, creation of custom handlers and filters, and use of its core modules such as mod_rewrite, mod_alias, etc.
• Highly functional knowledge of XML/XSL and relevant technologies such as SOAP, REST, RSS, etc.
• Extensive experience with Linux, CVS and/or Subversion, RPMs.
Waat Media offers an exceptional work environment, competitive salaries and a great benefit package. Local candidates preferred; no relocation (This position is for the greater Los Angeles area).
For consideration, please send a cover letter and a resume, indicating position of interest, to firstname.lastname@example.org
listing jobs Waat Media, Inc 91423 Sherman Oaks California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.