Sr. Software Engineer
Are you looking for the excitement and enthusiasm of a start-up company, but like the stability of a Fortune 500 company? If you are top-grade software professional with a passion for building new products, then AOL Wireless has a position for you.
The AOL Seattle office is 100% dedicated to wireless development, and we’re working on cutting-edge wireless data solutions that will change the way people use their cell phones and hand held devices. We are building a unique startup-oriented team dedicated to creating a digital wireless infrastructure to connect consumers to information and content in an easy and user-friendly manner. As a solid team of just over 100, we can preserve the small-company atmosphere while still benefiting from the many corporate assets of AOL: a world-class technology infrastructure, extensive user base, the many AOL services such as AIM, AOL Music, etc., and the media assets of TimeWarner.
Our T9 team (www.tegic.com) is looking for a strong experienced software developer to work on our text input products, which include T9, JT9 (Japanese), Chinese PTI (phrasal text input) and XT9. PTI is our leading Chinese text input product which allows text entry based on words and phrases rather than just characters. In addition, PTI is our platform for developing new and improved text input functionality for the Chinese market. XT9 is our next-generation text entry product that extends the benefits of T9 to new devices such as full qwerty keyboard devices, touchscreen devices, etc. XT9 is also our platform for developing new and improved text prediction and correction features for the alphabetic language market. Our products are daily by hundreds of millions of users in 56 languages around the globe.
• Candidates must have 5+ years experience in commercial software development in C or C++, and must be a top-tier developer capable of independent initiative and development, efficient design and architecture, and bug-free implementation on version 1.0 products.
• A Bachelors degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related technical discipline is typical, but we’ll happily consider a self-taught expert.
• Experience with wireless or embedded development (especially Windows Mobile, Series 60, and UIQ) would be highly valuable.
• Written fluency with a non-English language is also highly valuable, particularly Chinese, Japanese, or Korean.
• Further assets include: experience with text input technologies, practical applications of natural language technology, or experience integrating or implementing speech recognition or handwriting recognition technology.
America Online is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs AOL 98109 Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.