AOL Wireless: Sr. Technical Program Manager, Seattle, WA
Sr. Technical Program Manager
Are you looking for the excitement and enthusiasm of a start-up company, but like the stability of a Fortune 500 company? If you are top-grade software professional with a passion for building new products, then AOL Wireless has a position for you.
The AOL Seattle office is 100% dedicated to wireless development, and we’re working on cutting-edge wireless data solutions that will change the way people use their cell phones and hand held devices. We are building a unique startup-oriented team dedicated to creating a digital wireless infrastructure to connect consumers to information and content in an easy and user-friendly manner. As a solid team of just over 100, we can preserve the small-company atmosphere while still benefiting from the many corporate assets of AOL: a world-class technology infrastructure, extensive user base, the many AOL services such as AIM, AOL Music, etc., and the media assets of TimeWarner.
Mobile Device solutions involving everything required to help companies/businesses deploy next generation devices quickly, improve business velocity while eliminating down time during the service life of the device, and smooth the transition, whether planned or necessitated by loss or theft, to the next device.
We are looking for a Senior Server Software Engineer to be a major contributor to an Engineering team working on products for wireless access. This individual will be responsible for design and development of a Server product. Strong candidates will have excellent technical skills and understanding of customer needs, and must have solid written and verbal communication skills for writing clear and concise requirement/design documents as well as verbally communicating ideas effectively to other members of the team
• Bachelor of Science, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 6 – 8+ years industry experience in software development
• 4+ years of recent C++ programming experience
• 4+ years of experience with Windows programming; Windows 2000/2003, Current Win5.0 programming with Strong concepts in security related to SSL,
• Experience with server application programming
• Experience with object oriented analysis, design and programming
• Troubleshooting and software debugging skills
• At least four years of industry experience in innovative server-side software design and implementation
• Experience in one or more of networking applications, TCP/IP, sockets, and high-performance multi-threaded systems
• Experience in developing highly scalable server applications.
• Experience in working in a team environment.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and must be passionate about technology.
• Experience in environment with heightened sensitivity to performance, reliability, and quality issues
• Experience developing scalable SOAP and/or XML-RPC web services
• Must have developed for smart phones (Windows, Palm, Symbian and Linux)
• Working knowledge of any J2EE server, Tomcat, Struts, JSP, and HTML.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to deliver quality software implemented on schedule
• Find creative solutions to difficult problems, spanning application, machine, network and hardware boundaries
• Desire to lead and work collaboratively with other talented engineers on highly innovative products
• Team player
America Online is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs AOL 98109 Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.