Are you looking for the excitement and enthusiasm of a start-up company, but like the stability of a Fortune 500 company? If you are top-grade software professional with a passion for building new products, then AOL Wireless has a position for you.
The AOL Seattle office is 100% dedicated to wireless development, and we’re working on cutting-edge wireless data solutions that will change the way people use their cell phones and hand held devices. We are building a unique startup-oriented team dedicated to creating a digital wireless infrastructure to connect consumers to information and content in an easy and user-friendly manner. As a solid team of just over 100, we can preserve the small-company atmosphere while still benefiting from the many corporate assets of AOL: a world-class technology infrastructure, extensive user base, the many AOL services such as AIM, AOL Music, etc., and the media assets of TimeWarner.
Our T9 team (www.t9.com) is looking for a technical manager to lead a team of software and database engineers working on our T9 and XT9 text input products. This team creates and supports the language databases and the linguistics tools used to collect and process them. T9 currently supports 55 languages, with a continuing roadmap to extend our language support throughout emerging markets such as Africa, India, and the former Soviet Union. Many people will send a T9 text message before they ever send their first email – join the team and help make this happen.
• Candidates should have training in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• The candidate must have 5-7 years experience in commercial software development in C or C++, including at least two years management experience.
• The candidate must have been through at least one complete development cycle from planning through to final release.
• A proven ability to work with and manage diverse ranges of people and projects would be a strong management asset.
• Fluency with a non-English language (including writing and grammar) is highly valuable, as would experience with localization, character encoding using Unicode and other ad-hoc methods, etc.
• Experience with wireless or embedded software development, including Windows Mobile, Series 60, or UIQ experience, is valuable but not required.
America Online is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs AOL 98109 Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.