AOL Wireless: Technical Project Manager, Seattle, WA
Technical Project Manager
Are you looking for the excitement and enthusiasm of a start-up company, but like the stability of a Fortune 500 company? If you are top-grade software professional with a passion for building new products, then AOL Wireless has a position for you.
The AOL Seattle office is 100% dedicated to wireless development, and we’re working on cutting-edge wireless data solutions that will change the way people use their cell phones and hand held devices. We are building a unique startup-oriented team dedicated to creating a digital wireless infrastructure to connect consumers to information and content in an easy and user-friendly manner. As a solid team of just over 100, we can preserve the small-company atmosphere while still benefiting from the many corporate assets of AOL: a world-class technology infrastructure, extensive user base, the many AOL services such as AIM, AOL Music, etc., and the media assets of TimeWarner.
Our Platforms development team is headquartered in Seattle, but we work with development partners around the globe. The focus of this position is to work with our external partners to get them to deliver the high-quality software we need to maintain our business. The candidate must have outstanding communication skills – both verbal and written, to be able to generate understanding between multiple external partners, and our internal and/or external customers.
• Find the best external vendors to fit the needs of our organization.
• Estimate project size and cost.
• Manage projects from initial specification to release – track issues, make sure communication is working between geographically separate groups, track the project schedule and cost.
• Work with the sales team to be able to respond to their requests in a timely manner.
• Candidates should have training in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• A working knowledge of C, C++, or Java is a strong asset. Fluency with a non-English language is valuable, and experience with multiple cultures even more so.
• Occasional travel will be required for this position.
America Online is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs AOL 98109 Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.