Electronic Arts: Senior Financial Analyst, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Financial Analyst
Electronic Arts (EA) is the world’s leading independent developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for personal computer and advanced entertainment systems such as the PlayStation®2, Xbox video game console from Microsoft, the Nintendo GameCube, the Game Boy® Advance, and next gen gaming platforms like PSP or XBox2.
Electronic Arts (EA) MOBILE is the world’s leading publisher of interactive Mobile entertainment software for cell phones, smart phones, and advanced handheld devices. With the worldwide market rapidly approaching 1 billion handsets, how would you like to join a team committed to staying at the bleeding edge of interactive entertainment? EA Mobile is a true leader within the EA family, with the business model that dominates the wireless entertainment market.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a critical member of a fast-paced, high performing Finance team. This role provides high visibility into both the core gaming development business and the emerging mobile gaming market, allowing you to directly and significantly contribute to the success of both EALA and the Global Studio organization.
1. Responsible for all aspects of the monthly actual and forecasting process for designated EALA studio budgets. Includes closing the month end actuals in an accurate and timely manner, along with line item forecasting and variance analysis for all expenses.
2. Establish business partnerships with all designated budget holdersMaintain the financial performance tracking scorecard for each of these budgets for review with the budget holders.
3. Prepare the annual Plan for all designated budgets including both the high level strategic objectives, as well as the detailed business plan; this would also include the plan consolidation and submission to corporate finance.
4. Responsible for all aspects of actual headcount tracking and reporting. Includes running bi-weekly meetings with all studio development directors to capture time reporting by project, and communicating this data to payroll.
5. Plan, develop and maintain a new management reporting deck using the global web-reporting tool sets (Cognos Powerplay, GPS and Essbase).
6. Partnering with corporate finance in the deployment of automated workflow tools to streamline all transaction processing, thereby reducing our reliance on timely paper based processes and ad-hoc controls.
7. Partner with Worldwide studio finance and IS&T to implement management reporting systems and processes to track long-term forecast (3-yr) project profitability & budget performance at line item detail.
8. Perform ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
Knowledge / Depth of expertise:
1. Bachelor’s degree in business related field and at least 5-7 years previous applicable experience in finance, MBA or CPA preferred.
2. Expert in Microsoft Excel (the job interview will include a short test). Thorough knowledge of financial and operational accounting systems (Oracle preferred); Essbase based forecasting and planning tools (e.g. Hyperion Planning, Clarity) and ability to work with databases (e.g. MS Access).
3. Technical understanding of business planning, such as budgeting, forecasting and long range planning.
4. Project management experience; Demonstrated ability to recommend, develop, manage and drive projects to successful completion.
5. Evaluate and document the design and effectiveness of internal EALA Studio controls, assuring appropriate levels of documentation and existence of internal controls.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates ability to articulate a point of view by communicating opinions on projects and solutions, apply critical thinking to the analyses.
7. Experience working in a large, complex multi-national organization preferred.
Reporting Position reports to the EALA Finance Manager
Compensation & Benefits:
At EA, we expect a lot from our employees and, in return, our employees expect a lot from EA. From competitive base salaries to stock and more, EA is continually looking for ways to demonstrate how highly we value our committed employees.
Total Compensation consists of the following benefits:
• Competitive base salary
• Targeted performance bonus for all employees
• Stock option and recognition stock options
• Employee stock purchase plan
• 401(k) with employer matching program
• Medical, dental, and vision plans
• Excellent vacation plan
EA…It’s in the game.
Interested yet? Good. We’re pretty sure you’ll want to know we offer one of the most generous benefits packages around including great benefits like 3 weeks of Paid Time Off, an onsite arcade and a company matched 401(k) retirement plan, casual work environment, and a host of other perks. Our high-spirited, entrepreneurial environment offers substantial growth and opportunity to those who desire a fast-paced, technology driven environment.
If your qualifications and interest align with the above then “Get in the Game” and log on to http://www.jobs.ea.com and click on “careers” to submit your resume. While you’re there, you can set up a career agent, search additional opportunities, and even create your own candidate profile. EOE M/F/D/V.
To apply immediately please submit your MS Word resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements, to: email@example.com
Please let us know if you found us through mobilewirelessjobs.com!
listing jobs Electronic Arts (EA) MOBILE 90094 Los Angeles California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.