Senior Software Engineer
Seeking a full-time senior software engineers to join a development group at our headquarters office in Emeryville, CA. As part of the client team, you will have the opportunity to merge your affinity for music and your skills developing state of the art media management software. As a Senior SW Engineer you will architect and implement significant portions of code, leveraging this work across multiple products and platforms. As a lead programmer on new projects, you will be expected to create, maintain, and own technical specifications, designs, and schedules with little direction from your manager. The opportunity for direct technical management responsibility is also available.
The client team develops SDKs for desktop applications, toolkits for embedded environments, and media management applications. As a member of the team, you will also have an opportunity to work directly on customer projects for some of the world’s most successful PC application developers and consumer electronics companies, offering the opportunity to work with customer teams around the world.
The successful candidate must have excellent technical skills, good business communication skills, excellent attention to detail and follow-up, an ability to self-manage, a willingness to travel if necessary, plus a strong desire to work in the exciting field of digital music technology.
• 7-10 years experience in leading development of two or more commercial applications or complex embedded applications, or equivalent applicable experience.
• Proficient knowledge of Windows and Darwin/Linux platforms and tools (VC++, gcc, make). Expert level knowledge of one platform required – Windows expertise very desirable. Understand cross platform issues and able to learn new platforms quickly.
• Excellent analysis, project planning, and schedule estimating skills as applied to multi-person projects. Ability to anticipate and resolve project roadblocks.
• Expert level knowledge of C and C++, debugging techniques, and assembly language.
• In-depth knowledge of current software design practices, including modularity, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, multimedia techniques and asset management, interface design, localization, portability, optimization, extensibility, and testability.
• 3 years experience leading technical teams, preferably in media/encoded media development.
• Generates, enhances, and promotes ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
• M.S. in Computer Science OR BS plus 3 additional years applicable experience.
• 5+ years experience working with RTOS, cross-compilers, and other technologies in embedded applications.
• Strong communication skills; network of relationships with development personnel throughout the industry.
• Knowledgeable about Internet technologies, communication protocols, and techniques.
• Knowledgeable about database methodology and database systems.
• Self-motivated; works with minimal supervision
Before applying for this position, please ensure you meet the key required skills and experience listed, and send a cover letter and a current resume as a Word attachment (not inline) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
listing jobs ChiefPeople 94608 Emeryville California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.