Telephia: Wireless Data Network Engineer, Richardson, TX
Wireless Data Network Engineer
The Wireless Systems Engineering (WSE) group is responsible for leading the ongoing technical design, development and support of Telephia*s core products that are deployed in Wireless networks to provide benchmarking information on the Mobile industry. The WSE team has regular interaction with customers (typically VP/CTO-level leaders and engineers in carrier network operations and engineering functions) and works cross-functionally with other Telephia groups * Measurement Science, Development, Product Management, Operations Analysis, Field Operations and Account Management. The WSE team works closely with the Network & operations groups within all the major carriers to define and improve the key metrics used by the wireless industry to measure the performance of the carrier*s networks. This role will present the successful candidate an opportunity to define and develop products that will measure the overall performance of major carrier*s networks.
To keep pace with our development and business expansion plans, we are significantly expanding the group in 2006, and are recruiting for talented Wireless Systems Engineers, Architects, Software Engineers and Project Managers at all levels.
The successful candidate will have experience working on wireless data applications such as WAP, SMS, MMS etc. Candidates should have a thorough knowledge and hands-on experience with network/application protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, WAP, SMS and MMS, as well as exposure to radio access protocols such as CDMA2000(1xRTT, EV-DO, EV-DV), UMTS/WCDMA, iDEN/WiDEN etc. Ideally experience will have been gained by either working at or with network equipment vendors, handset manufacturers or test/measurement system providers as well as participating in standards development. The candidate may also have experience working on mobile content provider*s or mobile applications solutions
• Define and develop Key Performance Indicators to measure Quality of Service of wireless data services and end-to-end applications that run on top wireless data bearers.
• Design and develop post-processing engines that extract and transform raw low-level performance data into aggregate metrics; automate and parameterize the process for large scale processing in an efficient and timely manner; build-in QC check-points for end-to-end quality verification.
• Analyze various products that measure the performance of the data portion of the Wireless networks. The candidate will assist system testers to analyze, trouble-shoot, and investigate normal and abnormal use-cases for data services; trace anomalies to corresponding impact on key metrics.
• Perform vertical (Application Layer through Physical Layer) detailed drill-down analysis in both application layer protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, WAP, SMS and MMS; as well as current and emerging radio access technologies, including GSM/GPRS/EDGE, CDMA/1xRTT, EV-DO/DV, WiDEN, and UMTS/WCDMA.
• Provide testing and quality-assurance guidelines and hand-on lab assistance to junior engineers.
• Provide insights and advice to Product Managers for interaction with customers; participate in direct face-to-face with customers where necessary.
• Interact with Product Managers in assisting product definition, features, and roadmaps.
• A Bachelor*s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is required.
• A graduate degree in the same is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in software system development for wireless devices or wireless network equipment is required.
• Detailed in-depth understanding of wireless systems architecture, protocols, and standards is required. These include GSM, GPRS, EDGE, CDMA2000 suite (1xRTT, EV-DO, EV-DV), UMTS/WCDMA, and iDEN/WiDEN.
• Detailed knowledge of key wireless applications and services, including Voice, SMS, MMS, WAP/HTTP, and Push-To-Talk (PTT) is desired.
• Familiarity with testing several mobile device products (handsets, PC cards, industrial-grade modems) is desired;
• Strong technical ability, communication skills, and ability to quickly learn new technologies are required.
For best results, please apply online at www.telephia.com/careers or visit http://telephia.wfrecruiter.com/jobs_details1.asp?Job_id=77338&Page_Id=6256&Published=1, or send your MS Word resume, including position of interest and salary requirements to Matt Morgan at email@example.com
listing jobs Telephia Richardson Texas USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.