Glu Mobile: Mobile Game Artist, San Mateo, CA
Mobile Game Artist
Glu Mobile is a leading developer and global publisher of mobile entertainment. Glu’s portfolio of games, ringtones, wallpapers and information applications include both original titles and entertainment based on major brands from Atari, Cartoon Network, Celador International, FOX Sports Interactive, Harrah’s, Hasbro, PlayFirst, PopCap Games, Sega and Twentieth Century Fox. Based in San Mateo, California with offices in Hong Kong, London and Manchester, Glu is funded by top venture firms NEA, BA Venture Partners, Granite Global Ventures, Sienna Ventures and Globespan Capital Partners, and by Time Warner Investments. Recently Glu acquired the UK-based mobile entertainment company iFone, adding SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, MONOPOLY, and ATARI Classics to its portfolio. Consumers can find fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the ‘g’ character logo or at www.glu.com.
Mobile Game Artist will be responsible for designing and creating high-quality 3D and 2D assets for mobile games.
• Coordinating with the art director to create visual designs for mobile products.
• Work with engineers to develop low-resolution 2D and 3D art assets to meet the requirements of the game engine.
• Develop and execute the final level art based on the game design.
• Potentially prepare higher resolution assets for marketing use.
• Previous experience with 3Ds Max is required.
• Previous low-poly modeling and texturing experience for PC, console or handheld is preferred.
• Previous mobile development, and/or experience with handheld console development (GBA or PSP etc.) is preferred.
• Previous experience with older 2D game systems and PC (80’s – 90’s) is useful.
• BFA helpful, but not required.
• 3D modeling and texturing in 3Ds Max is required.
• 3D animation experience in 3Ds Max is preferred.
• 2D animation experience, as it pertains to 2D sprites for mobile or handheld games or applications, is helpful.
• Good layout and graphic design skills with type or other graphical elements is helpful.
• Strong 2D drawing skills, reflecting a solid expertise with drawing people and environments, in digital and traditional media is helpful.
• 3Ds Max experience is required
• Photoshop (6.0 or up) experience is required.
• Debabelizer (4.5 or up) is preferred.
Life at the cutting edge of wireless technology is an exciting but demanding place to be. Glu is always on the look out for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We reward talent, creativity and ability to get the job done. If you are interested in mobile technology and want to be part of a team that makes the future of wireless technology happen, Glu is for you.
To apply for this position, please include in the job title in the subject of your email, a cover letter and your minimum salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to each applicant. We will contact you if there is a match. No phone calls, please. Principals only.
listing jobs Glu Mobile 94404 San Mateo California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.