Blue Frog Mobile is the buzz on the street today in mobile media. Founded in 2004, we began building an innovative, new platform to provide mobile media entertainment to consumers. Blue Frog has numerous product and service offerings from ringtones, games, images through numerous storefronts such as ringtopia.com, edgetones.com, macktones.com and lemonkiss.com as well as services such as enhanced voice services, SMS and MMS messaging and white label voice and text messaging services. Our newest service, TXTV marries broadcast media with mobile – combining text messaging with traditional media such as broadcast television and ratio creating a truly interactive platform.
Here’s why you might want to think about joining our team:
• We’re old enough to have gone through all the typical start-up issues of funding, and young enough to be nimble and creative and not over burdened by processes.
• Our corporate culture is very laid back but intense, but allows people to break out and use all their skills, from simple technical ability to creative problem solving to brainstorming about new applications.
• We function as a small Seattle-based software startup, and have the added benefit of strong revenue.
• Heck, we were even recently selected by OnHollywood as a top 100 Private Company Award Winner!
Software Developer (Java)
As a key member of the Wireless Software Engineering team you will contribute to the development of applications and systems in support of Blue Frog Mobile’s back-end messaging and content delivery systems. These are complex, high-volume systems that drive our rapidly growing mobile entertainment businesses. (www.bluefrogmobile.com).
• A minimum of 3-5 years experience in software development; 2-4 of those years should be directly applied to developing complex systems using Java platforms & tools.
• Proven ability to work effectively on very modest sized development teams, with limited supervision in an environment without extensive processes.
• Strong analytic skills; the ability to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways. You must demonstrate the ability to select best methods and techniques for solving complex problems.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative environment and provide feedback to junior and senior team members as well as be able to offer constructive critique to the ideas and work product of your peers.
• Ability to work on multiple projects.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent additional work experience.
• Solid software development background and strong understanding and experience with object-oriented analysis and design concepts.
• Development experience with J2EE server and some of the following web technologies including JBoss, Servlets, JMS, JMX, SOAP. User Interface (web or otherwise) is not a significant criteria for this opportunity and will not be a focus for this position.
• Substantial experience with multithreaded architectures that rely heavily on low-level database access and sockets is ideal.
• Strong understanding of robust relational database architecture using SQL (particularly MySQL), JDBC, and data-driven design practices.
• Strong Java experience with a working knowledge of at least two out of C++, C#, Ruby, Python, PHP, Perl, or other widely used development language.
• Broad development experience with automated testing and Build focus is desirable.
• Experience building applications with an emphasis on performance, scalability, high-reliability and maintainability.
• Development experience with common delivery protocols including HTTP, SMPP, and TCP/IP and with mobile technologies including WAP and SMS (binary & text) is desirable. MMS experience would be a plus.
• Experience in full life-cycle software development.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements, indicating position of interest to:
listing jobs Blue Frog Mobile Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.