DSP Engineer APAC
Chicago, IL or San Jose, CA
As a successful DSP software engineer, you will participate in the development of software for an advanced wireless base station in a highly-dynamic, small-company atmosphere. Your current job responsibility is developing physical layer software for different wireless standards incorporating our smart antenna technology. This position works directly with customers to integrate software into wireless base station systems.
Position is in Chicago, company is aggressively expanding into S.E. Asia and E. Asia (China, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Korea, etc.).
• 5+ years of progressive experience on writing signal processing software in C/Assembly for wireless communication systems is required. Good communication capabilities are essential in independently working with jointly with customers, often in their facilities, to develop, integrate, and test the end product.
• Deep and current technical knowledge and implementation experience in one or more of the following areas is required:
• DSP, Baseband, layer 1
• Modulation and channel coding/decoding (Reed Solomon/BICM/Turbo codes)
• Timing/frequency offset estimation in single carrier/multi-carrier systems
• OFDM/DMT modulation schemes
• Channel equalization
• Beam-forming techniques
Experience with design and implementation of the physical layer of one of the following standards is required:
• 802.11 a/b/g/n
Experience with good software development processes, including design specification, modularization, fixed-point Matlab/C implementation, source control, and unit testing is required.
Experience with the efficient implementation on one of the DSPs (TI C64xx, Motorola 563XX, 566XX, TigerSharc, StarCore, or any other proprietary DSP) is required. Experience with TI DSPs and TI’s Code Composer Studio is a big plus. Experience with MATLAB is highly desired.
• MSEE, MSCS with 5 years experience is required.
Contact: To apply, send cover letter and resume, indicating position of interest, to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
listing jobs Go2Group Chicago Illinois USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.