PacketVideo: Java J2EE Software Developer, Charlotte, NC
PacketVideo is the leading innovator of multimedia software for the mobile industry. We provide embedded multimedia entertainment and communications software for mobile phones, with more than 120 design wins for more than 45 million PV-powered handsets. The company*s software enables mobile phone users to watch live TV, to stream, download and play digital music and video, to take Products powered by PacketVideo technology include Verizon*s V-CAST to name one.
PacketVideo’s global leadership is proven by strong relationships with mobile operators, dominance in design wins, and the millions of PacketVideo-powered multimedia phones shipped in markets around the world. PacketVideo was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in San Diego, Calif.
We provide embedded multimedia entertainment and communications software for mobile phones, with more than 120 design wins for more than 45 million PV-powered handsets. The company’s software enables mobile phone users to watch live TV, to stream, download and play digital music and video, to take Products powered by PacketVideo technology include Verizon’s V-CAST to name one.
PacketVideo was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in San Diego, Calif.
For more information, visit www.pv.com.
Java/J2EE Software Developer
(No relocation assistance provided)
PacketVideo is looking for Software Developers for its Charlotte, North Carolina office to help develop its innovative PVX platform. PVX delivers personalized information and content to mobile devices and provides an integrated platform for developing mobile applications.
Design, document, implement, and unit test robust Java software including:
• Services for delivering personalized information to mobile devices
• Tools and algorithms to extract and relate relevant content from news feeds, TV programming guides, and other sources
• Relational database structures and queries for efficient retrieval and update of data
• Web-based user interfaces to identify, administer, and present personalized information in a compelling way
• Participate as part of a cohesive, focused team in project planning, architecture, design discussions, and code reviews.
• Perform additional system integration and QA tasks as needed to deliver software on time, with quality.
• BS in Computer Science or related engineering degree
• High proficiency with the Java language and SDK libraries
• 3 years of client/server or distributed systems development using Java
• Firm understanding of object oriented programming concepts
• Experience with J2EE, servlets, and other enterprise Java tools such as Spring, Hibernate, JDO, etc.
• Proficiency with common Java development tools such as Eclipse, JUnit, Tomcat, Ant, and Apache Jakarta libraries
• Experience in a software product development organization
• Experience developing software that interacts with an RDBMS
• Exposure to J2ME or development on embedded systems
PacketVideo offers an exceptional work environment, competitive salaries and a great benefit package.
To apply, please send your resume indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Packet Video Charlotte North Carolina USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.