PacketVideo: Strategic Account Manager, San Diego, CA
PacketVideo is the leading innovator of multimedia software for the mobile industry. We provide embedded multimedia entertainment and communications software for mobile phones, with more than 120 design wins for more than 45 million PV-powered handsets. The company*s software enables mobile phone users to watch live TV, to stream, download and play digital music and video, to take Products powered by PacketVideo technology include Verizon*s V-CAST to name one.
PacketVideo’s global leadership is proven by strong relationships with mobile operators, dominance in design wins, and the millions of PacketVideo-powered multimedia phones shipped in markets around the world. PacketVideo was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in San Diego, Calif.
We provide embedded multimedia entertainment and communications software for mobile phones, with more than 120 design wins for more than 45 million PV-powered handsets. The company’s software enables mobile phone users to watch live TV, to stream, download and play digital music and video, to take Products powered by PacketVideo technology include Verizon’s V-CAST to name one.
PacketVideo was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in San Diego, Calif.
For more information, visit www.pv.com.
Strategic Account Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated Strategic Account Manager in both our San Diego and Chicago offices.
Responsible for business development, sales, and account management with handset OEM’s, service providers, and strategic partners within North America. Responsible for PacketVideo’s overall success with the assigned accounts. Performance will have a serious impact on the overall success of company operations. Reports to V.P. of Sales, North America.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Make and develop contacts with selected handset OEM’s, service providers, and strategic partners.
• Regularly interact with executives of major customers, wireless service providers, and other PV stakeholders. Interactions normally involve controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading senior level managers.
• Analyze existing and anticipated multimedia requirements and promote company products and services to fill such requirements.
• Maintain technical proficiency and consult with selected handset OEM’s, service providers, and strategic partners regarding use of company products and services.
• Demonstrate and provide instruction on the use of PacketVideo products and solutions.
• Keep informed of new products and other information of interest to customers.
• Participate in the preparation and implementation of sales and business development plans, sales forecasts and strategies.
• Publish sales activity reports, as required.
• Regularly use salesforce.com (company’s internal CRM solution)
• Formulate the overall objectives and strategy to develop a high-value relationship within all targeted areas of the accounts.
• Understand customers’ culture, product portfolio, competitive position, financial state, investment plan, organization structure and key decision makers.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or related area.
• 5 – 10 years business development, sales, or marketing experience (preferably with a software, services, or technology company).
• Vendor experience in the wireless communications industry.
• Well-trained professional business manner, professional appearance, and personal maturity.
• Ability to understand, summarize, and communicate customer needs, requirements, issues, etc.
• Ability to grasp new technologies and convey value to both internal and external audiences.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically (up to 50%).
PacketVideo offers an exceptional work environment, competitive salaries and a great benefit package.
To apply, please send your resume indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Packet Video San Diego California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.